TD110 C-Band LNB Adapter

doktorofsat said:
Huevos what is the most east satellite position that you can receive?
57ºE is the last satellite I can see on the spectrum analyser. Below that there is a big pine tree in the neighbour's garden and the horizon is pretty high too. If I moved the dish I could probably gain a few degrees but this is the most practical spot to locate the dish to scan the whole arc. So I'm getting 57ºE to 58ºW (maybe 61ºW, but currently no signal from that satellite) on the C-band dish. The picture is taken from just below the dish.

Dishpointer-AR-loking east-1.webp
 
I am kicking myself now for not trying C band when I had a 1.2m Gibby dish. I always hankered for those Russian channels on 40E but never thought I would get them. I have a good-ish westerly view at my new place, but no much from the east, which is a shame. Do you think I can try C band on my Penta 85? :)
 
Hi Captain ..
The simple answer is Yes ...
You should be able to pull the Russian C band mux on an 85cm dish ...

Providing ..
You have a clear view at that location ..
You use a good quality lnb placed at the focus ..


2 things to remember ..

This bird is in an inclined orbit ..
So + and - 1 degree ..change in elevation over a period of time ..
It will of course pass through Zero degrees ..

You will need an offset conical feed assembly ..

luckilly C band is quite forgiving of approx 1 degree of inacuracy ..so chances are you'll get 24/7 reception from 40 degrees ..providing the weather doesn't turn really bad ..

You can also improve your chances and reception by making a T plate depolariser ..

rgds
VS
 
Unfortunately, no 40E for me... my own house is in the way! I seem to have a small "gap" between my house and the house next door between around 40E and 50E... So, it maaaay be possible. Failing that, there's always the western sats to play with :)
 
Thats a shame ..as the AMM russian sat is probably the strongest C band signal over the UK ..

Certainly not impossible to receive C band western birds ..on your 85 cm ..
But you are pushing the limits ..

You will definately need to construct a T plate ..and place your lnb at the focus as metioned above ..
Circular polarised channels are your only hope ..
Accuracy becomes more important ...so be prepared to spend some time on tweaking ..
You are also not going to pull a heluva lot in C band as your dish size is less than optimal ..

half a dozen channels in good weather is probably your limit ..
Concentate on 27 West ...5 West

Little chance of much else..
rgds
VS
 
I have plenty of space to add another dish to look at western sats. So will consider this posibility just for C band. I've read plenty of your posts, so I have an idea of what to expect :)
 
Captain Jack said:
I have plenty of space to add another dish to look at western sats. So will consider this posibility just for C band. I've read plenty of your posts, so I have an idea of what to expect :)

.........divorce??
 
Vipersan said:
...Had to admit defeat @ 1W ..
Some very strong data transponders on this one in C band ..
but sadly nothing strong enough for a lock TV wise..
Don't suppose you made a note of the frequencies did you? I've been scanning around there this evening and have a strong DVB-S2 transponder on 4096R 30000 3/4 but scanning it produces no results.
 
Perfectly normal m8...
That extemly strong data transponer is always there ..
Handy for alignment ...but all other transponders at 1 West in Cband are weak ..and tricky on anything less than 1.8 mtrs in the UK ..
If anyone proves me wrong ..I'd be happy to eat my words..
rgds
VS
 
hi -
i,v locked the BBC transponder - 4025 R 7324 2/3 in the past with a 1 metre dish,
cant test this now though as that setup has long since been taken down,
that t.p. may not be strong enough these days though -- but it does give a strong signal on the 1.8 dish
its worth giving it a try -- "aceb"
i remember it well enough, and although "weak" it was the first C band transmission i ever received,:) and only contained BBC radio stations at the time - BBC Arabic t.v. channel has since been added .

cheers - nelson.b.
 
hi aceb i did pick up ertu on my old 1.2mtr offset and bbc radio channels also on the south coast,i get them on my 1.4mtr dish also pentagon channels,being on south coast will give you more of a chance.
 
Thanks guys, I was trying last night during heavy rain so it probably didn't help my chances but will give it another go later on. The weather seems to have reverted to normal British summer stuff, still blowing a gale with more rain forecast today, I was enjoying my open air office last week :D
 
Hi Ace ..
Nelson & Pride have the right idea ..
Sorry if I sounded a bit off putting.

The impossible takes a little time is all ..

Miracles ..slightly longer...

;)

Serously tho' ..
on a dry day ..at your location ...and with what is shaping up to be an excellent setup ..
No reason You can't at least get the BBC Arabic ...and possibly a sniff of ERTU ..

at the risk of sounding like blowing my own trumpet ..
The T plate has proved very effective at 1W on AFN ...and I still believe it performs by concentrating or funnelling signal ...polarizing circular out side the feed throat ..even before it enters the lnbf..
Certainly can't hurt to try ..and it just might make the difference between nowt and a sniff of a channel.
rgds and good luck
VS
 
Vipersan said:
Hi Ace ..
Nelson & Pride have the right idea ..
Sorry if I sounded a bit off putting.
Not at all, only thing putting me off at the moment is this November type weather outside. We're off to Eastbourne a bit later on so will try and get to the local stack em high cheapie shop that sells everything and see if I can find a chopping board for a T plate.
 
aceb said:
Not at all, only thing putting me off at the moment is this November type weather outside. We're off to Eastbourne a bit later on so will try and get to the local stack em high cheapie shop that sells everything and see if I can find a chopping board for a T plate.


No probs m8 ..
Use Nelsons Idea of starting off with a deeper plate (the bit outside the throat) ....and reducing to 'tune' it to your setup..
you can always cut a bit more off ..but tricky to add it later..
rgds
VS
 
Where would i get C band lnb for offset dish? And i need it here in finland.
 
One of the forum advertisers sells a package of LNB and offset Scalar, they also ship across Europe. _http://cdtronix.com/lnb-s/c-band/bsc421-c-band-lnbf-bsc-conical-scalar-kit
 
Back
Top