Technomate 5402 M4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not ranting. Im feeding back my findings.

Yes i did read the last line of your post.

It makes no difference whichever mode i try.

I got the firmware from technomate site.
TM-5402 M4_300921.bin

Factory reset - is a method to bring back the default TP's into the DB - a way in which previous TM's worked. This is to see if it makes a difference, and if it REALLY is performing a blindscan, or pulling out TP's from a hidden database.

I would like to establish what i might be doing wrong.

Did you actually delete all TP's from the Satellite Setup menu or are you omitting that from your findings \ and or \ search technique.

Attached:
look - no 11179 V 35300
Well edit the TP in the Edit TP section.
 
Well edit the TP in the Edit TP section.
In fact go through any TP that’s broadcasting Multistream and ensure that your settings match those in the likes of Lyngsat or King of Sat.
 
No Satellite receiver I have used finds all of the multi-streams,
Best bet is to update your database manually from here:-
Then scan all transponders & tick Multi-streams if your receiver can do this ?
 
No Satellite receiver I have used finds all of the multi-streams,
Best bet is to update your database manually from here:-
Then scan all transponders & tick Multi-streams if your receiver can do this ?
He has the information he needs. A simple edit of the SR on the TP in question and he’s done.
 
Saw that. Hasn’t been much activity there for over four years. Wasn’t sure it was been updated regularly. Surprised nobody else ran with a similar post here. Maybe they did. I just haven’t seen it.
 
arent we missing the point here....

i know HOW to bring in the channel manually, i dont even need it, but thats why this is a hobby.

my point here is why isnt the blindscan finding the TP in the first place, if it tuned it, bonus, but it doesnt even find the TP.

in my view right now, its just a shoddy blindscan currently implemented.

i will move on to other sats and do more testing.

@william-1 - my insterstar alpha-x finds all MS channels on 5w no problem, takes an age tho
 
You are missing the point the TM5402HD M4 cannot find all Multi-Stream transponders because the softaware writers at TM do not know how modify the software to achieve this :eek:
 
You are missing the point the TM5402HD M4 cannot find all Multi-Stream transponders because the softaware writers at TM do not know how modify the software to achieve this :eek:
Now we're getting somewhere ...

another bug i presume - a Horiztonal TP mixed in with the Verticals when scanning (and missing 11179)

maybe it isn't - not sure of the order, but seems to do V first then H
 

Attachments

  • tm5402m4-htp.webp
    tm5402m4-htp.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Technomate have not released a satellite receiver since the TM1500Ci series without throughly proving the Hardware / Software,

The TM5402HD M1 & M2 had several software glitches that were never corrected 45,000 symbol rate chosen by the receiver when a low SCPC was in use (ie 1325 to 2235 & the receiver chooses 45,000 :eek:

The TM5402MD M3 had an in built database that was not realistic considering your location it will add all the transponders from 42 east including the East transponders that are not received in the UK with a 100cm dish o_O

I had loads of correspondence with Technomate asking them to correct these software errors but to no avail they came back with a load of stupid ideas that did not make any sense,

That my friends is why I did not go for the TM5402HD M4 as I knew that the software was not good enough for issue & TM do not have the expertise to provide good back up to correct these software issues ?????
 
arent we missing the point here....

i know HOW to bring in the channel manually, i dont even need it, but thats why this is a hobby.

my point here is why isnt the blindscan finding the TP in the first place, if it tuned it, bonus, but it doesnt even find the TP.

in my view right now, its just a shoddy blindscan currently implemented.

i will move on to other sats and do more testing.

@william-1 - my insterstar alpha-x finds all MS channels on 5w no problem, takes an age tho
Fine. You bought the receiver purely for personal amusement. You weren’t looking for the channels in particular. You just wanted to be able to rubbish the receiver. Mission accomplished.

Had you said all this in the first place I wouldn’t have wasted my time giving feedback.

I’ve no idea what you’re trying to achieve with your purchase but if you have the option of a refund on your purchase I’d press the refund button and buy something else. Clearly this receiver is not for you.

Good luck either way.
 
Technomate have not released a satellite receiver since the TM1500Ci series without throughly proving the Hardware / Software,

The TM5402HD M1 & M2 had several software glitches that were never corrected 45,000 symbol rate chosen by the receiver when a low SCPC was in use (ie 1325 to 2235 & the receiver chooses 45,000 :eek:

The TM5402MD M3 had an in built database that was not realistic considering your location it will add all the transponders from 42 east including the East transponders that are not received in the UK with a 100cm dish o_O

I had loads of correspondence with Technomate asking them to correct these software errors but to no avail they came back with a load of stupid ideas that did not make any sense,

That my friends is why I did not go for the TM5402HD M4 as I new that the software was not good enough for issue & TM do not have the expertise to provide good back up to correct these software
Technomate have not released a satellite receiver since the TM1500Ci series without throughly proving the Hardware / Software,

The TM5402HD M1 & M2 had several software glitches that were never corrected 45,000 symbol rate chosen by the receiver when a low SCPC was in use (ie 1325 to 2235 & the receiver chooses 45,000 :eek:

The TM5402MD M3 had an in built database that was not realistic considering your location it will add all the transponders from 42 east including the East transponders that are not received in the UK with a 100cm dish o_O

I had loads of correspondence with Technomate asking them to correct these software errors but to no avail they came back with a load of stupid ideas that did not make any sense,

That my friends is why I did not go for the TM5402HD M4 as I new that the software was not good enough for issue & TM do not have the expertise to provide good back up to correct these software issues ?????
To be honest with the rapid advancement of IPTV over the last couple of years I’m surprised anyone is producing satellite receivers let alone the perfect one. It really is becoming a niche hobby now.

I’ve built a home brew ATV box from a Rock64 SBC which is connected to a 1gb/s broadband connection and with Perfect Player I receive channels now that I’d have to relocate to receive with a satellite dish. I certainly wouldn’t be ploughing money into a variety a different receivers in the hope of finding the perfect one. They don’t exist.
 
To be honest with the rapid advancement of IPTV over the last couple of years I’m surprised anyone is producing satellite receivers let alone the perfect one. It really is becoming a niche hobby now.

I’ve built a home brew ATV box from a Rock64 SBC which is connected to a 1gb/s broadband connection and with Perfect Player I receive channels now that I’d have to relocate to receive with a satellite dish. I certainly wouldn’t be ploughing money into a variety a different receivers in the hope of finding the perfect one. They don’t exist.
what has this got to do with anything???

re your comment above, yes, it is up to me what i do with the equipment i buy.

by the way, its only you that seems to be ranting.
 
Last edited:
what has this got to do with anything???

re your comment above, yes, it is up to me what i do with the equipment i buy.

by the way, its only you that seems to be ranting.
Good for you. Fill your boots but please don’t waste other people’s time doing it. I thought you genuinely wanted to tune that channel. Clearly not and now I’m a lot wiser. Another boyz toys moment
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top