Technomate 5402: Newbie Help

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate 5402 1m motorized
My Location
wf3
can anoyone help with setup up the tecnomate 5402
i am gettign the following singnal qualitys under motorized settings this is were i am checking signal quality

west
1.0 thor 84%,4.0w amos1/2 7%,5.0w atlantic bird 90%,7.3w nilesat 101/102 8%,8.0w telecom 2d 8%,12.5 atlatic bird1 8%15.0 telestar 12 78%30.0 hipasat 8%

east (installer stated cant get past 26e)
42.0 turksat1c2a 88% ,39.0 hellassat 2 8%,28.2 astra 2/eurobird 92%,26.0 arabsat/badr34 8% 23.5 astra 1d3a 8%19.2 astra 190%,16.0 eutelsat w2 8%,13.0 hotbird 88%10.0 eutelsat w1 69%,9.0 eurobird 9 84%,7.0 eutelsat w3a 64%4.8 sirius 2/3 8%

have tried adjusting longitude from 1.6 to 1.7,1.8 etc on each of the ones west only with 8% but sill nothing did notice on some sattelites singnal quality went up above 60 then dropped back to 8%

could anybody point me in the right direction what i need to do to get the signal above 8%

then after all have above 60% signal t then do a auto navigation scan with network search on for all channels then a blind scan just for tv to complete my set up? or one or the other

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
8% is merely the quiescent reading indicating LNB connected and some noise being received.

As for the Satellites showing no signal, some of them (eg 26E, 4.0W, 7.2W) aren't ever going to give stupendous results on a 1m dish.

However, some others eg 23.5E, 30W are very strong Birds.

Given that you do actually have good results on some Birds right across the arc, I suspect your first problem is the Transponders you are using to monitor Strength & Quality: If you are simply looking at pre-stored lists, then they are invariably out of date.

Move to 30W and do a Blind (or Auto) Scan and see what pops up.

Then do the same for 23.5E and report back.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
wf3
Tivù said:
8% is merely the quiescent reading indicating LNB connected and some noise being received.
didnt no that just read what it told me to do on page 4 of the manuel

As for the Satellites showing no signal, some of them (eg 26E, 4.0W, 7.2W) aren't ever going to give stupendous results on a 1m dish.

However, some others eg 23.5E, 30W are very strong Birds.

Given that you do actually have good results on some Birds right across the arc, I suspect your first problem is the Transponders you are using to monitor Strength & Quality: If you are simply looking at pre-stored lists, then they are invariably out of date.
could you explain this to me in more detail please
Tivù said:
Move to 30W and do a Blind (or Auto) Scan and see what pops up.
whats thie diffrence between doing a blind scan and a blind auto scan?

Then do the same for 23.5E and report back.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Blind Scan and Auto Scan are just different terms for the same thing (Depends on your Receiver - some call it Blind, some call it Auto).

Just do whatever you think ............. you need to get familiar with your Receiver anyway.

PS: Harking back to your first Post, put the Longitude back to its proper value (1.6W?) and MAKE SURE it's showing West, not East: Easy to get this wrong.

Again, some Receivers use West/East and others use -/+

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
wf3
Tivù said:
Blind Scan and Auto Scan are just different terms for the same thing (Depends on your Receiver - some call it Blind, some call it Auto).

Just do whatever you think ............. you need to get familiar with your Receiver anyway.

PS: Harking back to your first Post, put the Longitude back to its proper value (1.6W?) and MAKE SURE it's showing West, not East: Easy to get this wrong.

Again, some Receivers use West/East and others use -/+
al longitudes back to 1.6w
my reciver is a tecnomate 5200 hd
and well ive read best to do a network search first search type all then a blind scan but on the auto navigation screen i can select the options i jus ttold you or can press green and do a auto navigation blind search

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Blind Search. Forget Network Search.

Just do it - you're thinking too hard!

(I've absolutely no idea what an Auto-Navigation Blind Search is, but it sounds far too complicated.)

Just select 30W and then Blind Search.

Then select 23.5E and Blind Search.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
wf3
Tivù said:
Blind Search. Forget Network Search.

Just do it - you're thinking too hard!

(I've absolutely no idea what an Auto-Navigation Blind Search is, but it sounds far too complicated.)

Just select 30W and then Blind Search.

Then select 23.5E and Blind Search.
ok am now getting aboth them

blind search is one powefrfull search but why should i use with care can they not fill a receiver with unwanted duplicates of the same channels/ frequencies & are harder to remove manually - the TM5402 can it blind scan a new empty satellite & pretty much get everything & no duplicates (unless you do it again & again) thats not good

what about the others 7.3w for example i really want this
how do i go about moving new satellites to correct positions in the satellite list for example

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Good man.

I chose those two to prove that the tracking of the arc is not the problem (It isn't).

Now, 7.2W was impossible until a few months ago using a 1m dish up here (I could only get a handful of Channels with a 1.1m dish), but there is a new Bird there that you should get something off.

But you can't rely on Blind Search as it will probably bring in Channels from the very strong 5W position and maybe from 8W too, so you need to manually scan Transponders - Check the stored list against up to date listings on Flysat or whatever your favoured Site is. Edit/Update as necessary, then scan.

I got over 300 Channels with a 1.1m, but they were marginal, so you may struggle with a 1m dish.

Edit: To save time, just look up the Transponder details for the particular Channels you are after: If you let us know what those Channels are, we might be able to advise you if they are gettable or not.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
wf3
Tivù said:
Good man.

I chose those two to prove that the tracking of the arc is not the problem (It isn't).

Now, 7.2W was impossible until a few months ago using a 1m dish up here (I could only get a handful of Channels with a 1.1m dish), but there is a new Bird there that you should get something off.

sounds promiseing according to this website Mod: Live External Link removed - not allowed under Forum Rules should be able to get it and hopefully you can guide me how The channels under nilesat 7w are also the only channles i want so question s can i get them?

But you can't rely on Blind Search as it will probably bring in Channels from the very strong 5W position and maybe from 8W too, so you need to manually scan Transponders - Check the stored list against up to date listings on Flysat or whatever your favoured Site is. Edit/Update as necessary, then scan.

I got over 300 Channels with a 1.1m, but they were marginal, so you may struggle with a 1m dish.

Edit: To save time, just look up the Transponder details for the particular Channels you are after: If you let us know what those Channels are, we might be able to advise you if they are gettable or not.
i have no idea how to do this or enter them in to my tecnomate so you will have to guide me

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Nilesat 201 Channels are not available without a huge dish.

The ones you might get are those from the new Eutelsat 7WA Satellite (Originally known as Atlantic Bird 7) at that position.

I'm afraid that learning how to drive your Receiver is something you must do without assistance - all DVB S Boxes do much the same thing, but in subtly different ways. Menu structures and foibles are peculiar to a type.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You're not after Al Jazeera Sport are you?

No chance.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Which channels do you want from 7W - and where are you located - nearest town??

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Analoguesat said:

Guess: Al Jazeerah Sport

Fact: Wakefield Postcode, but probably Lofthouse/Tingley (edge of Leeds) : Somewhat close to one of my ex-Wives!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Cheers Tivu - only just got in from a loooong day at work!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
wf3
Tivù said:
Nilesat 201 Channels are not available without a huge dish.
says on that website that
Requires an 88cm dish & larger to very large in mid UK..i had a suvey done bye them and they said i can get some of the channels at least
Tivù said:
surely there is a way to get a few or least some of them listed on the website

The ones you might get are those from the new Eutelsat 7WA Satellite (Originally known as Atlantic Bird 7) at that position.
from the list i am picking up do i get this then?

I'm afraid that learning how to drive your Receiver is something you must do without assistance - all DVB S Boxes do much the same thing, but in subtly different ways. Menu structures and foibles are peculiar to a type.
guess your not a tecno owner then if there is a tacno owner please guide how this might be my only way

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I repeat: You have zero chance of Nilesat 201 with a 1m dish.

I very much doubt anyone else will give step-by-step instructions as to how to add/edit a TP ....................... TM owner or not. You really do need to figure it out for yourself.

And can you please tell us exactly which Channels you are after?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Lets take this back to first principles.

Which channels on which frequency do you want. Once we know that we can advise further.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
wf3
Analoguesat said:
MBC2 MOVIES MBC MAX MOVIES MBC PERSIA MOVIES

MBC Action MBC 4 MIX

DUBAI ONE CITY 7
ABC MOVIES

KUWAIT 2 BAHRAIN 55
SAUDI 2
MBC3- KIDS MTV ARABIA MTV PROGRAMS

ALRAI by Vid-Saver">DUBAI TV ERITRIA ETHIOPIA AL DIYAR

ORIENT TV JORDAN TV AMLAK TV
UNITED MEDIA TURKMEN TV

DUBAI SPORTS DUBAI SPORTS HD DUBAI RACING
JSC SPORTS
KUWAIT SPORTS BAHRAIN SPORTS there the free ones and whatever there is premium thats good movie/sport wse

im in wakefield longitude 1.6w lat 53.7

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Many of those are indeed on Nilesat as opposed to E7WA, including MBC.

Haven't checked them all, but basically you are on a hiding to nothing.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well seeing as ABC & Turkmen TV arent carried on 7W or anywhere near 7W you will have to forget those!

Dubai One is Nilesat 201 - you have absolutely no chance whatsoever of getting N-201 in Wakefield.

Look at this website:

www.flysat.com/nilesat.php

Forgert anything on Nilesats 101 102 or 201.

You have a reasonable chance of Eutel 7WA