langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
Is this receiver patchable? Where could I find it, if it was!

thanks

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
thanks Jacko.

I can see how it can be done, via the next software, but it all looks too risky. I think i'll just keep it fta for now!!

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
langtonbrow said:
but it all looks too risky.

He Who Dares...................

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
Thanks Rob,

I assume you'll sponsor me a new receiver after I've fried this one and thrown the remote away.....!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not if you throw the remote away, that's simply wasteful. :D :-rofl2

J

Jeff_19341

A few people who have changed their Technomate 5000 series to Next have posted that the change over uses so much memory that USALS is no longer an option. Hence diseqc has to be used for vsteering the dish.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
langtonbrow said:
Thanks Rob, I assume you'll sponsor me a new receiver after I've fried this one and thrown the remote away.....!

Of course I will :-rofl2 , but if you want to stay watching the FTA stuff all well and good, and I can't denigh that there will always be a chance that the receiver could end up fried, it has happened on a few occasions but not many.

I have the same make of receiver as you, and you are really missing out big time on all the channels you could be receiving by not patching, but you can still get the same channels by going the "cams & cards" route and then you will not run that risk.:)