Technomate 6800hd

gemjools

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2
My Location
Bulgaria
Hello I have just purchased a technomate 6800hd and cannot get my white smart card to work. It is saying invalid smart card, can anyone suggest anything. I am a techno idiot so easy steps please.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If thats s Sky UK card, I think you will find that it doesn't work in the Technomate 6800 anyway.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
gemjools said:
Hello I have just purchased a technomate 6800hd and cannot get my white smart card to work. It is saying invalid smart card, can anyone suggest anything. I am a techno idiot so easy steps please.

Obvious question first, are you putting the card in the correct way up ? Chip should be facing down and SKY logo facing up.

Secondly it won't read a Sky card straight out of the box you'll have to patch the receiver first. Make sure the patch is for the correct model type (i.e. Super / Non-Super). Try a Google search for "Phantompatch 6800 HD". Once it has been patched it will read an active Sky card but won't clear premium channels (movies and sport).

gemjools

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2
My Location
Bulgaria
Thank you for trying to help me but can you possibly explain how I do this patching

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It is fairly straightford- Find the correct patch,unzip it, put it onto a USB Stick or HDD, put that it into the receiver USB,then go into the receiver menus and find the correct buttons to upload software.

mrbean_2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion
My Location
Bradford
Gemjools ... you need to put a Phantom Patch on for the TM6800 - make sure you choose the right file, for your model.

Then just unzip it to usb key.

Pop it into your STB and goto usb transfer...

It will find the file - click OK and let the box install the file - it will tell you when its complete!

Then (IMPORTANT) - Reboot the box.

If you are going to be using a softcam file, nows your time to put it on...
Same procedure, as above....(it wont take as long-no need to reboot)

Voila - you are running a patched version of TM's software and you can use your "white card"

Good Luck

gemjools

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2
My Location
Bulgaria
Thank you for all your help, up and running now so a great success.