Technomate 6900 loop through malfunction

bellskem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900
My Location
Lancashire
Hi folks

I had to re-install my Technomate 6900 HD after new carpets and furniture. Everything works fine except the loop-through from the Technomate to my Panasonic Blu ray recorder. Despite fitting a new F connector lead ( Maplin) I am still unable to send the incoming dish signal to the BD machine, though a perfect picture is shown from the Technomate on the screen. I get a Panasonic error message U50 I which tells me me that the "dish is faulty"..which I take to mean no signal is being received by the Panasonic.

Is there any way in which I can stimulate the Technomate to do what it was doing a few days ago, i.e. looping through the incoming signal to the BD recorder ?

Not having a direct satellite signal to the BD recorder means I have spent an immense amount of money on what now is not functioning fully.

Best wishes and thanks if you can help.
Roger

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds more like a cable malfunction Roger.

bellskem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900
My Location
Lancashire
Hi Rolf

It does, I agree. But I bought a brand new cable. The old one looks perfect too and worked perfectly until dismantling last week.

Maybe I should buy another ( perhaps better) cable and try again.

Thanks for reply.

Roger

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Does the Panasonic work if connected without the Technomate in the loop? This would then rule out coincidental failure of the Panny.

bellskem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900
My Location
Lancashire
Hi Paul

Good thinking...I haven't tried that yet but will do so later this morning. Thanks for the advice.

Roger

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Also, isn't the TM supposed to be switched off for the loop through to work? Else, both devices would be fighting for the signal/polarities etc...

bellskem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900
My Location
Lancashire
Hi Folks

I think Paul has put his finger on my problem. The Panasonic gives the same "dish faulty" message when connected directly to the dish downlead, having removed the loop-though, which I think unfortunately means a Panasonic malfunction, since the Technomate gives its usual excellent picture.

Thanks to all who spent time thinking about this.

Cheers
Roger

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
So the Panny is at fault. Which model is it? Is there any possibility of connecting to the wrong port of some kind on the back?

Take a very close look at where the lead screws in to the port on the Panny. Is there just a single whisker of copper wire there causing a short?

bellskem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900
My Location
Lancashire
Hi Paul

The model is the Panasonic DMR-BS850EBK . There are two ports and I have tried both. The manual says if only one is connected ( which it is) it should be the top one. The lead down from the dish is OK..the solid copper centre protrudes from the sleeve a millimetre or two..,.and works perfectly OK on the Technomate. Two other commercial f > f connector leads were also tried. I honestly don't think now that that's the problem. Chances are that it is a Panasonic problem, and perhaps a re-install of the software would help. I have been onto a Panasonic Forum for advice, hopefully to avoid a despatch back to Panasonic. I've also emailed Panasonic, but no reply so far.

Thanks again for your braintime.

Cheers
Roger

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes, it certainly does sound like the Panny took umbrage when it was disconnected.

Commiserations.