Technomate advice

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
Dear Forum,
I am on the cusp of starting my sat hobby. My apartment has a dish pointed at Hotbird 13e and Astra 19e. I am seriously thinking of getting the Technomate 1500ci receiver. It comes patched on ebay for about 105 squid. Can anyone tell me anything about this receiver that I don't find on their website. Like, is it easy to patch? Can I put the keys in through the serial port or does it have to be through the remote? Are there instructions on how to do all of these things? Any advice would be appreciated. Also, a couple of general questions. How often do you have to change keys and/or software? I'm hoping to watch some English tv or if I can't get that then some French. Thanks for any responses.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All patching is done via the serial port, the latest patches are available from the sites in the sticky thread at the top of the Receiver Software International section. :)

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
keys change unpredictably...nothing to do with the receiver itself

the TM-1500 Super is truly an excellent receiver with its super fast blind search!

richard74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
uk
I am a beginer at this and basically do not have a clue about how to patch.
please do not direct be to a link because i could not understand any of the inforamntion in the link.

Can somebody please explain every step for me as if i was a retard please.(i will not be offended) hgw to patch

I have a technomate 1600 receiver and patch cable

I want to get back multivision 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 which i had before but am not longer able to receive

where do I begin?

somebody please advise

thanks

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
The patch does not open the Multivision channels ( they have only just been re-scrambled) at least not for the moment.
You would need to know how to enter keys for your receiver, to receive these channels.

Mick21367

Mick21367
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A cheap 'n' nasty Silvercrest and an old (but good) TM1000D. 28, 19, 16 and 30W
My Location
Scottish Borders
Updating the firmware on the TM1000 range
Before starting, switch off your receiver at the mains. Also, make sure you have a new firmware already downloaded on your PC. It's probably a good idea to practice with Technomate's official firmware first - you won't see much with it, but at least you'll see how it should work.O-Ha

Step 1: Connect the receiver to your PC, switch it on at the back - leave it in standby mode
Step 2. Open the TMLoader on your PC (if you don't already have it, you can download it from Technomate's website)
Step 3: Click on Autodetect to detect the COM port, (you'll get a message confirming your current firmware version) then on Browse to locate the firmware (I have a folder on the PC just for firmwares).
Step 4: Click on Connect, then follow the instructions on the pop-up boxes (just a yes/no box, if I remember correctly)
The download only takes about three minutes - it consists of downloading, writing and erasing the old firmware. Needless to say, do NOT interrupt the download, or you may kill your receiver stone dead!:-doh!

N.B. The download 'radio button' on the program means downloading to the receiver - don't confuse it with downloading from the internet