Technomate motor not moving with dm800

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax . technomate diseq motor, DM800hdPVR, 1.8m Channel master, technomate tm2000, ps3 DM800se, Samsung led 55inch Samrt tv, 42inch philips plamsa flatscreen tv
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
i just bought a clone sunray(dm800se) its running on newnigma2 and its just a total nightmare of a box, tuner doesnt work correctly, it doesnt move my dish either but my technomate tm5200 has no probs moving it and saving sats postions, PLEASE can someone give me some good advice

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Not to point the obvious out "dont buy clones", they are after all mostly made with inferior components and 9 times out of 10 they either dont work when you get them or set on fire due to poor quality PSU parts or in your case wont drive your dish. This is more than likely down to the PSU i have seen a few now on the 800's and SE's but also it seems to be a recurring fault with the new kid on the clone block the Vu Duo with all i can describe as PSU components that have been stored underwater due to capacitors having rusting legs.

After all that on the other hand you do get lucky sometimes with the clones and they are fine, the solution to your problem would be to try and source another external PSU with a certain auction site being a favourite that has floods of them no pun intended.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Sorry to hear your trouble with the 800, but what digi said is 100%. Hope you did not pay too much for it.

thehumangoing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800se clone w/320gb hdd (DreamboxUK image) + skybox f3 + old dm500s
zone 2 on 28.2e
My Location
Ireland
oh s**t, i just ordered one today :/

A nonymous

Reaction score
Its 50/50 with clones. I've had quite a few of them and i've never had a problem with them :D

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax . technomate diseq motor, DM800hdPVR, 1.8m Channel master, technomate tm2000, ps3 DM800se, Samsung led 55inch Samrt tv, 42inch philips plamsa flatscreen tv
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
oh stop lads cuz i had a dm800pvr and it worked 100% until in downloaded the wrong image and now has no ca found error, but i dont know how to fix it, ive a month to sort it out and get my channels back for footy, any advice on the technomate800hd?

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
no ca error can be fixed by using the correct bootloader image for your box.

you need a null modem cable and a pc or laptop with a seriel port to re=flash the box using dreamup.

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
is bootloader seperate to the image? or do i install it seperately?

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Djskutz said:
is bootloader seperate to the image? or do i install it seperately?

If you have the latest 800se with the mini flashup button at the back of the box then a null modem cable is not needed, you can flash the boot loader and image via the web interface.

Whatever image you have it will have a bootloader requirement like 84a so if your image is an 84b one you will need the 84b boot loader as well.

with the No CA error and if your 800se has the mini flashup button its simple power down the box hold in the flashup button power up the box wait for the screen to tell you your IP address for the 800se, Then flash your image via the web interface do not reboot the box if it asks just open up another tab with the web interface and then flash the matching bootloader for that image then you can reboot the box and all should be ok.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Djskutz said:
i just bought a clone sunray(dm800se) its running on newnigma2 and its just a total nightmare of a box, tuner doesnt work correctly, it doesnt move my dish either but my technomate tm5200 has no probs moving it and saving sats postions, PLEASE can someone give me some good advice

Ignoring the issues with the clones, it would be good for you to tell what problems you actually have and what you have done to try and resolve them. A car garage cannot help you if you bring your car to them and say to them "It's broken and it doesn't work correctly". Same here - please describe your issues in more detail.

thehumangoing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 2 on 28.2e
My Location
Ireland
does this mean that you don't hold the on button you just press mini flashup button? (to get box's ip)

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
My box is the pvr model the previous model, my new Sunray has that button but not the 800pvr

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
thehumangoing said:
does this mean that you don't hold the on button you just press mini flashup button? (to get box's ip)

No you just hold the Mini flashup button and that resolves the IP for you, I did have one but got shut a few months back never gave me any problems.

thehumangoing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 2 on 28.2e
My Location
Ireland
That's one I meant... I just got a standard 800se clone (dvb s2 tuner) not dvb-t...

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
alright captain, basacially my dish will move to 3 sats ive stored manually, sometimes it wont, when i try to move it to search for 1west it wont budge or if it does it goes right by the sat and locks as far west the motor can go, ive tried differnet cable and different images, the only that was better was openpli but it didnt have a tspanel or the option to download plugins, so no cams or cccam.config settings. Now my tm5200 box will move to all sats i desire and save them perfect. Is this enough info??

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
theres no mini flashup button on the 800pvr hd with dvi output, the new 800seHD has that option

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
DJ, how long is your cable run? On my old DM7020 on a long cable run (40m) I had to put in an inline power adapter. Still, I don't think that this is your problem....

Can you send a screenshot of your tuner settings please? Why are you using stored positions instead of USALS?

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
cuz when the motor was alligned up it was done on 1west but infact 5west is due south in ireland, and it was to max the snr when locked onto the sat, my run is only about a 20foot run, like if the technomate moves it ans my previous dm800pvr did, i dont think the cable,motor or dish is the problem, and ive even cancelled out the bad connections situation to, after paying €220 for the box including postsge its pissing me off right now and the stress and bp levels arent any better! i know ye can give me the soloution to this cuz ye have help me through other things before.

goose68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd, 1.0m motorised dish. AMD Phenom 11x4 965, radeon4890, 2 x 1TB, 1 x750GB.
My Location
Northish Scotland
Djskutz said:
alright captain, basacially my dish will move to 3 sats ive stored manually, sometimes it wont, when i try to move it to search for 1west it wont budge or if it does it goes right by the sat and locks as far west the motor can go, ive tried differnet cable and different images, the only that was better was openpli but it didnt have a tspanel or the option to download plugins, so no cams or cccam.config settings. Now my tm5200 box will move to all sats i desire and save them perfect. Is this enough info??

You say that it moves to the 3 sats you set manually, so have you actually set the tuner up for te rest of the sats? Is your sat xml upto date? Post a couple of screen grabs of the tuner setup page, so i can have a look at it. Don't listen to the scaremongers about clone's you get a couple of clone haters on every forum that spout of about them, it's like eveyting you buy, tere is the ocasional dodgy one but the biggest percentage will give you years of service.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Still doesn't explain why you don't use USALS... You can always play with the coordinates to see which one gives you the best tracking. Or better yet, realign the dish properly.

I don't think your tuner is set up properly to drive the motor to correct locations if you are insistent on using DiSEqC 1.2 instead of USALS.

Post a couple of screenshots please.