Technomate/MR problem

lejizz

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just bought a Technomate 5500 CI plus and Matrix Reloaded cam with the 1.07 software on.

Problem is, when i go on a scrambled channel it will lock for about 2-4 seconds, and sometimes get the message"Not Running or Scrambled" and other times it goes off completley with 2 messages
"Module inserted, Initializing..."
"Not Running or Scrambled"

I then have to go to a free channel for a few seconds and then i can go back to the channel and I get it in the clear again. this is a pain :(

The signal on my reciever is excellent, and right up to the top with my 1.2 m dish, so it cant be that, and it has not been windy or bad weather.

Is this a regular problem with this receiver /cam setup, or have i got a duff reciever?
Thanks in advance
Lejizz

Daveld

Reaction score
I am running Technomate 5500 CI+ with MR 1.06 with no problem.

Sometimes it refuses to decode. Just switch off and on again an it works.

:) :) :)

lejizz

Reaction score
i'v switched off a few times and i still get the same problem ( forgot to mention that ..

cheers

lejizz

Reaction score
Daveld said:
You may need to initialize the cam on a FTA channel:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Had it running on free to air several times for over an hour each time... still no joy :( Also had it swiched off and unplugged for over an hour.

nahary1997

Reaction score
yes u need to initialize the cam allways on a fta channel every time u switch on and of the receiver had the same prob with may receiver now working fine

petchletch

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem with my Technomate 5500CiP and Axas 2 CAM (Matrix clone running MR 1.055). Both brand new on a 1.4 dish pointing at 13deg E. Am going to upgrade to MR1.08 when it comes soon. Will keep you posted.

For your info I have had other decoding problems - it only decodes VIA*ccess channels. I did originally initialise it with a funcard inserted on a scrambled channel and have not been able to get it properly working since, I always need to use the card with it too. Even after taking out the card, resetting on a FTA, tputting the CAMN in and out etc... as per the forums instructions.

lejizz

Reaction score
I've tried everything..

Even when i goto FTA swich off put MR in switch on.. i get the module is initializing, but does not flash and looks like it's locked up. ..:mad: not happy

Thanks for all the help guys :-righton
Any more ?

clivo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lejizz said:
Hi all,
I have just bought a Technomate 5500 CI plus and Matrix Reloaded cam with the 1.07 software on.

Problem is, when i go on a scrambled channel it will lock for about 2-4 seconds, and sometimes get the message"Not Running or Scrambled" and other times it goes off completley with 2 messages
"Module inserted, Initializing..."
"Not Running or Scrambled"

I then have to go to a free channel for a few seconds and then i can go back to the channel and I get it in the clear again. this is a pain :(

The signal on my reciever is excellent, and right up to the top with my 1.2 m dish, so it cant be that, and it has not been windy or bad weather.

Is this a regular problem with this receiver /cam setup, or have i got a duff reciever?
Thanks in advance
Lejizz
I have the exact same receiver as you and I find that MR 1060 is better as it always initialises automatically. Like others I am awaiting mr 1080 from the Matrix site. I have upgraded with fun card 6 no probs in this receiver , first time if you follow instructions properly. I now have a cas 2 to allow even quicker update. As you can guess I am delighted with my Techy so keep the faith M8.................

nahary1997

Reaction score
the way a see u need to delete the matrix and then upgrad again and dont forget to initialize the matrix in a fta channel

lejizz

Reaction score
I cannot now get any scrambled channels at all now...only FTA..If i goto FTA with no cam, switch off, put cam in and then start up on FTA, all I get is "Module inserted, initialising" but the message stays on screen, and does not even blink.

maybe it's the MR cam thats at fault. got 2 fun6, but no ideas how to use them..any good links for a newbie to cams?
Cheers

lejizz

Reaction score
New keys?
Remamber i'm a newbie at digi, and the technomate "booklet" is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Is thare a site that lists a a-z of updating the techno. is it also possible to scan thru the frequencies for feeds?... as i said the techno booklet tells me nothing.
Cheers

lejizz

Reaction score
sent cam back, got a new one with upto date software, 14 mins and it get the same initializing prob longest it has ran is just over 2 hours.

I set to FTA only, turned off, put cam in bottom slot, switched on to a FTA, let it initialize,flicked thru to scrambled channel, set tape running to see how long it worked. was greeted with the "Module is initializing-Not running or scrambled"

Anyone got any more ideas of what could be the prob, of is the reciever just not working properly?

I also tried to add different satellites to the system but it wont let me )(-red

manspike

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the nagravision keys, for "hispasat" I have the matrix reload, and where I live I cant find anyone who will tell me which site they get the keys from because they would rather charge me for the keys every time. can some one please help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can get them from somewhere like www.laurals.com, but make sure that you have a popup stopper. You will then need to convert them from Hex to Dec to enter them on the CAM.

lejizz

Reaction score
clivo said:
I have the exact same receiver as you and I find that MR 1060 is better as it always initialises automatically. Like others I am awaiting mr 1080 from the Matrix site. I have upgraded with fun card 6 no probs in this receiver , first time if you follow instructions properly. I now have a cas 2 to allow even quicker update. As you can guess I am delighted with my Techy so keep the faith M8.................
How do you work this thing?...all i got was a booklet which makes no sence, and no real instructions how to do much, a lot has been guesswork.

I was told to reset the reciever to the factory settings, obviously all the sat and channel setting have gone, but my 287 channels on Hispasat have now turned into 120 no signal with just 1 channel availabe...A TEST CARD! :(

Sending the reciver back to the distributer for a new one

manikm

Reaction score
I've been having problems too with my Technomate 5500DACI, and the MR & 1.070 firmware - if i use the top CI slot it never decodes anything, if i use the bottom slot it works for about 25 mins then i get scrambled \service not running messages.

Maybe i should use the 1.060 firmware like someone else suggested???

This CAM was initialised on a FTA channel.

What else can i try guys? I find it weird that the bottom slot works and the top one doesnt (i do get the module is inserted when i insert it to either, just the top one doesnt decode)

Ideas would be good guys.
Thanks.:cool:

lejizz

Reaction score
)(-red aggggghhhh!!

updated to 1080 from a shakey 1070, and guess what..my technomate still locks up and freezes. i personally think its my reciever, but a certain company are not for replacing it :(
first cam sent back - gave me replacement
sent reciever/ Cam back - told all was ok new cam
Told then it was still not working was asked if a professional has installed the reciever..
these guys are taking the P..it's not exactly rocket science to plug in and connect the LNB is it?

before i go official..
is anyone else having probs with TM5500 and MR 1080?

manikm

Reaction score
i will let u know mate
i found 1.070 very unstable on my tm5500 so i reverted back to 1.060 - will try 1.080 tonight, and let u know dude.