Technomate TM-7102HD-T2 Super Firmware update

Sammymillie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-7102HD-T2
My Location
Vendee, France
I would like to update the firmware on my box to later version to overcome a problem with my French BIS Card not automatically updating itself. Unfortunately not being an expert in these things I am having a problem!!

I have downloaded the latest stb file from the internet, unzipped and copied to a USB stick. I have then put the USB stick into the box and "uploaded" the file, apparently correctly, according to the display on the screen. It is from then on that I dont know what to do next to actually install the new software, and there is no info in the manual! I have done a factory reset from the box menu, but that appears to still use the original firmware according to file specifications that are shown in the sat box menu.

Can someone "in the know" please give me step by step instructions of how to upgrade the firmware from a USB stick? I assume it is done by using the correct procedure with the satellite box menus?

So help.....

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Thats all you usually need to do. Are you sure you've not just reloaded the same version again?

Sammymillie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-7102HD-T2
My Location
Vendee, France
Yes I am sure it is just reloading the original firmware. When I did a facory reset I half expected it to ask me what firmware I wanted to load, but it didn't. Do I have to delete the original firmware, and if so, how do i do that?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
All I have ever done when putting new firmware on is to put the USB stick in and then upload it to the box.

But, I believe that when you do a factory reset it returns to the previous firmware that was on the box, so try again, without doing that.

Albez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
penta 85, tm 5402hd, tm 2600
My Location
London
Don't you just put the usb stick in the box and press ok on the file you want?
It then should run that firmware.. that's how it works on my TM5402 box anyway.
On my box pressing 'upload' means uploading the software on the box to the usb stick instead.