technomate version ?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havent got one YET
My Location
bristol uk
hi all i have figured out what receiver i want but what version of technomate should i get ? i basically want to get as many channels as possible. im gonna start with just a standard dish and have the receiver patched so i dont need any cards, i want it to pick up the movies and adult channels mainly so what version what you all reccomend ? and is it true if i have it patched i dont need any cards to pick up the scrambelled channels ? thanks :eek:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
1500 Ci is highly recomended by folks on the board that use it. You realise of course that by the time you get it many of the extra channels will be safely locked down again :D - TPS is likely to disappear next week :-lmao

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havent got one YET
My Location
bristol uk
what do you mean they will be locked down again lol and what is tps ?

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
T p s bad bad news Analoguesat absolutely last word ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havent got one YET
My Location
bristol uk
still not sure lol, isnt it a footy channel or something ? if it is im not worried when it goes because i dont watch sports. im just intrested in movies, adult channel and normal channels with comedy, documentry etc on them

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, why not try a google search. ;)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havent got one YET
My Location
bristol uk
lol telephone preferance service according to google lmao. aslong as hotbird still works im happy

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
More than one result in a google search. ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
krazy_tattooist said:
still not sure lol, isnt it a footy channel or something ? if it is im not worried when it goes because i dont watch sports. im just intrested in movies, adult channel and normal channels with comedy, documentry etc on them

TPS is the French pay tv service (adult, movies, football etc), that has been open for months. Rumour is its going secure next week.:-doh! O-Ha

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havent got one YET
My Location
bristol uk
ah ok i get ya now, but theres still other channels with movies, adult etc right ? im thinking of getting one with this ... Patched with,Seca Mediaguard 1 and 2, Viaccess 1, Nagravision, Conax, Irdeto, BetaCrypt, TPS Crypt.

ON HOTBIRD 13east AND HISPASAT 30west

sound any good ?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havent got one YET
My Location
bristol uk
hi im wondering what is the diffrence between patches..like whats diffrent about darkmans patch compared to a conax patch, like what is the diffrence between Seca Mediaguard 1 and 2, Viaccess 1, Nagravision, Conax, Irdeto, BetaCrypt, TPS Crypt. and how many patches can you 'install' on one receiver at once ? thanks.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Moved this to your existing thread.

You can only install one patch at a time, it effectively replaces the standard manufacturers software. You take a risk by installing the patched version, as it is possible that the receiver will stop working and you will have voided the guarantee.

The darkman patch is an emulator for several encryptions and effectively replaces the subscription cards for them, but of course what is available will change on a day to day basis.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havent got one YET
My Location
bristol uk
ah ok thanks. so howcome someone is selling a box with Seca Mediaguard 1 and 2, Viaccess 1, Nagravision, Conax, Irdeto, BetaCrypt, TPS Crypt. isnt that like 7 diffrent patches ?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havent got one YET
My Location
bristol uk
oh wait i misread it....the patch is encryped with those its not the actual patch