tecnomate 5402

kym1810

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm5402hdci+ fixed dish
My Location
norfolk
Hi everyone first post and asking for help already (the shame of it lol) I am after a bit of advice as to my old technomate tm5402hdci+ . its set up on a standard sky dish pointing at 28.2degrees for freeview, just recently it has started to flicker a lot especially when EPG is used its a total blank screen for a second then picture and does it maybe 3 or4 times then is fine for maybe half an hour and will do it again sometimes its just sound that blanks out, when I do a scan for channels it does it quite a bit, and miss some of the Chanel's out on the search. Is it worth repairing or not I was thinking it might be the lnb or power supply but was hoping someone with abit more knowledge might of come across it before and could point me in the right direction.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hiya - welcome to the forum. Chances are the capacitors are going in the power supply.

Unplug everything carefully noting where it all goes then pop the top off the receiver. There are probably half a dozen cross head screws. Inspect the capacitors (cylindrical components with a T or K shape embossed into the top of them. If any are bulging the capacitor is life expired. They can be replaced if you know what you are doing and can weild a soldering iron without burning the house down (!)

Keep your fingers well clear of the circuitry if you take the top off. (Some of the components hold enough charge to give you a nasty jolt for quite a while after unplugging). All you want to do is a visual inspection.

kym1810

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm5402hdci+ fixed dish
My Location
norfolk
Thanks for your reply I did have the top off and added a small fan because I thought it could be getting hot and that was causing it but no joy I will have another look and see if anything is amiss

kym1810

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm5402hdci+ fixed dish
My Location
norfolk
I have just inspected all the capacitors and although I am no expert none of them have a noticeable bulge to them in fact all components look good to me anyway.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The 5402 already has a fan built into the case (at least the ones I have used in the past)

kym1810

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm5402hdci+ fixed dish
My Location
norfolk
For some reason this one did not so I added a PC CPU fan which fitted on the case where it should go and used the same 2 pin plug. I don't know if this would be a indicater of anything but when it first happened it only done it on the hd channels but I have changed the HDMI cable several times to no avail.