Knapster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+160
Linksys Wireless Media Adapter
My Location
UK
Hi All

I have just had sky+ installed and was wondering if you could all help me, being a gadget freak i love to know the in's and out's of everything electronic. so could you tell me any little hacks/cool stuff/hidden menus/work arounds/extra channels/anything to get the absolute most out of my sky + 160 box!

Many thanks

Knapster

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately, it does pretty much what it says on the box. There is an extra menu, Service/System Setup/0,1,Select, but mostly this just offers some facilities to change things which if changed, will prevent the box from working properly and a power toggle for the remote eye etc. :)

Knapster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+160
Linksys Wireless Media Adapter
My Location
UK
Thanks Rolfw

now i can put my mind at rest!!

P.s do you know what the USB ports are for? can i plug my USB key in!!!?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that the USB port does anything at the moment (a bit like the CAM slot on the standard digibox), but may be an alternative service port to replace the RS232 port.

You can certainly bet your bottom dollar that it won't be "really" useful. :)