Telstar 14 63W

aceb

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
TBS 6925
1.8m Precision + PLL Bullseye, motorised but probably siezed now.
2 x Sky Zone 2 for 28/19/13°E
My Location
Sussex
Thanks to one of the German forums for the info that there are three active transponders on 63W pointing this way at the moment. Unfortunately although I can lock them using EBS they are currently 16 and 32 APSK which means I can't decode them with the Prof but any TBS owners should be able to get these. Content seems to be a mix of encrypted or clear Turkish programmes, what that's doing at 63W is anyones guess.

These are the two transponders that EBS will lock on the Prof plus there's a third on 11686H.

1=11468,H,17866,34,32APSK
2=11656,H,1355,23,16APSK

I'm also getting a hit on 11661,H,1500,34,32APSK but cannot verify this due to the trick APSK mode I'm using on EBS.

CS of 63W showing the signals, this is on the 1.8 but according to a check with a laser pointer last night only the top half clears next doors roof so it could be stronger. Not tried to find it with the 1m yet.
 

Attachments

  • 63w.webp
    63w.webp
    101 KB · Views: 55
Nice log mate, well done :-righton

Missing being able to see that far west now.
 
aceb said:
Thanks to one of the German forums for the info ... Content seems to be a mix of encrypted or clear Turkish programmes, what that's doing at 63W is anyones guess. ...
11656,H,1355,23,16APSK ...

Hello guys,

the german forum is dishworld.de (you must register for free) and it´s "EuroNews" on 11468 H with Video ID 2048, english audio track ID 8001 encrypted and turkish audio track ID 8003 in clear. A short sequency here: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RywZ07qDCWs&context=C4cfd536ADvjVQa1PpcFOGoCNNxrmj6IUljsPMJmxoSZQtUroMdik=

Best Regards
qwer.
 
Hello Qwer, a very good forum it is too! Have any of the transponders been using QPSK or 8PSK again, I've been checking since yesterday lunchtime but EPS has only detected 16 or 32APSK so far.
 
Hello aceb,

it´s in ACM Mode. Actually CrazyScan Blind scan Constellation monitoring shows an 32APSK signal on 11468 H and an 8PSK signal on 11657 H.

Thanks for scanning 11662 H, it´s an QPSK signal!

Best Regards
qwer.
 

Attachments

  • 11468 H -15.webp
    11468 H -15.webp
    142 KB · Views: 39
  • 11657 H -6.webp
    11657 H -6.webp
    137.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 11662 H -2.webp
    11662 H -2.webp
    148.1 KB · Views: 43
Strange, 11662 scans in EBS as 32APSK without fail every time, if I switch off trick APSK it finds nothing. I'm not able to lock it in Dream if I set it to QPSK nor will it lock in CS. Maybe it's just too weak here as I don't really know what EBS does with that trick APSK function.
 
Hello aceb,

sorry, but it´s in ACM Mode and with TBS6925-TSRecorder you can see, how Modulation and FEC changes quickly. (In CrazyScan Blind scan Constellation monitoring this signal "looks like" a weak QPSK signal)

Best Regards
qwer.
 

Attachments

  • 11662 H -8.webp
    11662 H -8.webp
    115.1 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top