Terrestrial providers

Pheonix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
uk
here is your chance to get involved and help in the development of ABM as part of ViX and the OE-Alliance.

It will only take you 5 to 10 minutes of your time.

I wont link to the forum incase it's against site rules but i'll include andy's initial post here so you know more.

I know the title says UK terrestrial but any help you can give for your local area will help andy give ABM access to you'r area too.

we have a similar project in motion for cable providers now too, i'll post more details about that as and when possible.

============================

guy's i need your help.

i have worked out how to fix UK provider but i need your help in updating the terrestrial.xml

here is a updated Provider for my Transmitter.

let me explain what to do, open the URL

Code:
http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters.php?dt=&g=grpW&s=rf&P=POSTCODEHERE

changing the postcode to yours, you will see a page with transmitter for your area, find the one your arial is pointed to in the far RIGHT column, the look to the FAR left and click the Cxx (xx = number) link.

in the next page you will see a frequency use the above example and start changing it to suite your transmitter. ONLY change the frequency.

then go back to previous page the find next frequency and repeat.

andy.

Submitted transmitters:
Here is a example of one already done.

Crystal Palace (Greater London, England)
Code:
   <terrestrial name="Crystal Palace (Greater London, England) (Europe DVB-T/T2)" flags="5">
       <transponder centre_frequency="482000000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
       <transponder centre_frequency="490000000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
       <transponder centre_frequency="506000000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
       <transponder centre_frequency="514000000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
       <transponder centre_frequency="529800000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
       <transponder centre_frequency="538000000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
       <transponder centre_frequency="545800000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
       <transponder centre_frequency="570000000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
       <transponder centre_frequency="586000000" bandwidth="0" system="1" constellation="4" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="3" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
   </terrestrial>

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
With all due respect your instructions are rubbish and not possible to follow, here are the screenshots of where I get to the the first being the far left of the page the second one being the same page scrolled down, what is it we are supposed to be doing once reaching this?

Attachments

• freeview.png
    freeview.png
    479.1 KB · Views: 31
  • freeview2.png
    freeview2.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 32