Thanks for all the fish

satnoob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7020, Gemini 2.2, Hydra 109, Newcamd, Vigor 2600G, Belkin Bridge, 80cm Dish @13,16,19.2,28.2
My Location
Leeds area, UK
Hi All

Have been a long time reader and now a first time poster. The info on here (and some other forums) has been invaluable to me. I was a total Satellite virgin back in March this year apart from Sky+. I then decided to try to watch some football and haven't looked back since.

I first got a TM-5500CIP with my motorised dish install and upgraded with a Dragon Cam. That was very straight forward and all went went very well so I saved up some pennies and decided to go for a 7020 for some challenges!!

I have had it about 5 weeks or so now and am still learning. Got my HDD installed and wireless connection set up pretty quickly and then delved into the murky world of images, cams and keys.

Haven't really set up manual keys via FTP yet so I hope the images keep on rolling out with those magic blue buttons!

Currently have Official Image on Flash with Gemini2.20, Hydra109 on HDD (my Expansys USB stick didn't work) with Newcamd 6.3 installed. Also a few other apps of which I love the IMDB addon.

The only minor narks I have are:
1. When I scroll down a massive list of channels usually when I'm not in my faves or a smaller bouquet, when I get so far down it jumps back to the top. So I find myself either tappping down button rather than holding it or holding it so long then letting go then holding it down again so it doesn't jump back to the top of the list.

2. My old TM can get some satellites that the 7020 just won't pick up but I have the main ones I want.

3. Auto downloading satellites.xml removes all my transponder settings when I next boot up so I assume I am doing something wrong there but hopefully I will figure out how to keep my transponders up to date rather than adding them manually like I have been doing.

So, thanks for all the idiot/noob guides that keep the likes of me from cluttering the boards with stupid questions and keep up the good work.....

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
have the db for 3 months.....still have difficulties i think i am getting there..........so be patient have a look at klona site

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
satnoob said:
1. When I scroll down a massive list of channels usually when I'm not in my faves or a smaller bouquet, when I get so far down it jumps back to the top. So I find myself either tappping down button rather than holding it or holding it so long then letting go then holding it down again so it doesn't jump back to the top of the list.

:-Welcome1

Use the remote control direction buttons - Right button (down) or Left button (up) to skip a page of channels at a time...

2. My old TM can get some satellites that the 7020 just won't pick up but I have the main ones I want.

The Dreambox tuners is not the most sensative

3. Auto downloading satellites.xml removes all my transponder settings when I next boot up so I assume I am doing something wrong there but hopefully I will figure out how to keep my transponders up to date rather than adding them manually like I have been doing.

Are you flash erasing when you restart? Haven't seen that happen before.

satnoob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7020, Gemini 2.2, Hydra 109, Newcamd, Vigor 2600G, Belkin Bridge, 80cm Dish @13,16,19.2,28.2
My Location
Leeds area, UK
gameboy said:
Use the remote control direction buttons - Right button (down) or Left button (up) to skip a page of channels at a time...

I know about the Right/Left skipping pages that is why it isn't a big issue just a small annoyance if I use Up/Down to scroll.

gameboy said:
The Dreambox tuners is not the most sensative

The answer I was expecting but didn't want to hear!

gameboy said:
Are you flash erasing when you restart? Haven't seen that happen before.

No just a standard reboot and because my motor was failing to turn I went into setup and spotted nothing in the dropdowns for ALL satellites. I will put it down to 'one of those things', have another go and hopefully it will just work next time.

gameboy said:

Ta

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Alright mate, have noticed the page skipping thing, not too frequent, but slightly annoying. I have recently realised you can change the view of channel list to have 3 coloums instead of 1 making it a bit more efficient, but the pages will still sometimes just reset back to the first. I'm glad those are your only problems, I have one slightly more annoying one, but I think it is the fault of dish n switch setup rather than the boxes. Welcome.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
satnoob said:
Hi All

Have been a long time reader and now a first time poster. The info on here (and some other forums) has been invaluable to me. I was a total Satellite virgin back in March this year apart from Sky+. I then decided to try to watch some football and haven't looked back since.

I first got a TM-5500CIP with my motorised dish install and upgraded with a Dragon Cam. That was very straight forward and all went went very well so I saved up some pennies and decided to go for a 7020 for some challenges!!

I have had it about 5 weeks or so now and am still learning. Got my HDD installed and wireless connection set up pretty quickly and then delved into the murky world of images, cams and keys.

Haven't really set up manual keys via FTP yet so I hope the images keep on rolling out with those magic blue buttons!

Currently have Official Image on Flash with Gemini2.20, Hydra109 on HDD (my Expansys USB stick didn't work) with Newcamd 6.3 installed. Also a few other apps of which I love the IMDB addon.

The only minor narks I have are:

So, thanks for all the idiot/noob guides that keep the likes of me from cluttering the boards with stupid questions and keep up the good work.....

Hi Satnoob

1)Yeah, there are some little things in the channel list, sometimes you scroll down and suddenly that thing flashes rapidly a few times and ends up on top again. I have had this from the first to the present image, so don't think there is something that you can do to get rid off.
2) Can't get a channel you had before? Easy, get a bigger dish :)
3) Regarding autosatxml: My feeling is that it is best not to use it. I tried so many times, and it does mess up most of the times. What is better to do is get settings from whoever, there are lots of sites where you can download them onto your computer. Then with the dreamboxedit get the channels you don't already have. Far safer method. The Idiot Guide has one or two posts about this.
4) As a matter of fact, everything you need to get your dreambox is in there. You are welcome to ask as many questions you like for how long it takes, as long as you gave it a chance by reading a bit in the guide.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat

satnoob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Leeds area, UK
T_G said:
2) Can't get a channel you had before? Easy, get a bigger dish :)

That has been my thinking all along, it is just a tad annoying whe you know it must be close as you could see a satellite with the same dish setup on a different piece of kit. The better half may go spare if I go upto 1M tho!!

T_G said:
4) As a matter of fact, everything you need to get your dreambox is in there. You are welcome to ask as many questions you like for how long it takes, as long as you gave it a chance by reading a bit in the guide.

Yes, those guides have been great and I always prefer to try to muddle my way thru it as much as possible as it makes you feel so much better at being able to decipher guides rather than asking 10 questions to get 1 answer.

Now I feel I am a little (only a little) more 'with the plot' with all this I hope any questions I will have will make more sense.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
My channel list also "resets" when looking at a long list. I also found autosat.xml resets the complete transponder list unless you select all the satellites in the list.

They are a pain at times but a "fun" hobby ;)

Welcome to the Darkside!