The Aero Thread..

OMG ...climbing ladders is painful for me now ..
I'd forgotton how difficult this is..
lol
Anyway ...I had an old usals mounted 60cm system sat doing sod all ..
So have spent the morning moving the helical..
I just hope the dish is big enough ..
Moved the antenna to 25E ..and found a couple of data peaks around 153800..
No idea what they are ..but certainly proving the helical is ok.
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0076.webp
    DSCF0076.webp
    128.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 25E.webp
    25E.webp
    83 KB · Views: 34
A much longer cable run to the helical antenna ...and that is usb fed..so ..had to run a 20 mtr screened usb cable with a usb repeater at the mid point....and wouldn't you know it ..
the 25E signal has pIssed off ...
I'm guessing the bird has a proper wobble and geo station keeping is poor at best..
I'll wait to see if it comes back later.
 
Hi VS

Are you still having issues with 25E?
Its over two degs inclined now so you may have to adjust your dish accordingly.

You can also decode the voice channels using recent software updates.
These are mainly in the 1546mhz area .


John
[formerly uksatcom/spacedish]
 
good day to all of you guys ! This is my first mex here, from Northern Italy, happy to be here !

In a few words, my setup : 90 cm dish, 3.5 helical fedd, NO LNA (by now) , sdr is funcube pro+ dongle, HDSDR, Scytalec, JAERO (+ aeroambe).

Decently good reception on maritime channel and the same for 600, 1200, 10500 baud msgs with JAero.

Satellite is 25E (IOR) because the AORE bird is too low on the horizon for me.

My questions:

1. for tracking with VRS and JAERO Have I to tune on bursts (barely visible on the hdsdr waterfall) or it is sufficient staying with a wideband (20 khz) in the nearbies of normal aero signals?
2. What is actually the best frequency to be tuned on 25E bird for aero positioning signals?

(excuse my poor english)

Bado
 
Back
Top