The Aero Thread..

Perhaps you could do some screenshots to help me ..

What do you use ??
Basically I want to get the max gain I can without issues ..on account of the limited dish size ..
As long as you are seeing >10dB extra noise from the LNB there's no benefit in more gain in the SDR. I use max dynamic range setting as shown.

"How on earth confucian gets a lock on this bird which according to N2YO is all over the place" - Small dish?
 

Attachments

  • sdr_setting copy.webp
    sdr_setting copy.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 19
As long as you are seeing >10dB extra noise from the LNB there's no benefit in more gain in the SDR. I use max dynamic range setting as shown.

"How on earth confucian gets a lock on this bird which according to N2YO is all over the place" - Small dish?
Not much different to the one I'm trying S-B ...
TD1100 ...but damned if I can catch it ..
 
So solved the delayed audio mystery ..



As to 54 W ...
How on earth confucian gets a lock on this bird which according to N2YO is all over the place ..not just an up and down variation but seriously E/W as well ..
I suspect this bird Inmarsat 3-F4 is in serious decline ??
rgds
VS

Could it be "Beginners Luck" ?
 
Try the beacon which may be on 3950.5 or 3953.0MHz LHCP. Beacons are >30dB c/n on 15W & 25E using the settings I posted above.
 
ATM I'm just trying to _prove_ the TD110 which is usals driven ..is even reasonably accurate at such a low elevation ...
Tom hasn't been used in a while so might be slightly off arc ..(wind)
plus the Cband lnb is placed at the focus by way of a guestimate ..
so more possiblity for error ..
As said I can get about 6db from TeleSahel at 5W ..but that proves nothing if it isn't tracking the arc ..
So little to aim for in C at this western extreme on such a small dish ....and ku wouldn't be any better ..
past 45W and your in limbo ..
rgds
VS
 
I believe I've found the Viacom mux at 47.5W
4055R SR 30000 FEC5/6

I cant lock it of course ..but Crazyscan suggests I have about 4.6db

If true I'm following the arc reasonably well I spose47point 5.webp
 
So ..armed with a bit more confidence from the above ..I went searching at 54W ..
...this does indeed look like Aero data ...
but I suspect not the T channel ..
rgds
54west.webp
 
Last edited:
So ..New build ..
I guess I can install PP and get another 21 days trial ?
something for this evening ..
;)
 
So ..New build ..
I guess I can install PP and get another 21 days trial ?
something for this evening ..
;)

Start playing with virtual machines & you can run it indefinitely as long as the vm is restarted regularly ;)

Ive got an unegistered version of xp running on a vm for swmbo. She has a bit of obsolete software that wont run under win7. No problems with countdowns on it as the config is reset on each launch
 
Can't even install Plane Plotter ..
During the install you are required to zoom in to your location ...and set the position of your QTH first ..
But I never get that far ..
A script error occurs during the setup ..relating to google maps ..
Sadly Google Maps is broken ...
There is much about Java errors all over the net relating to broken google maps ..
I'm attaching a screen grab of the error ...
Apparently This error does not manifest in other browsers ..but sadly triggers something in Microsoft ..
Once triggered ..the only way out of the installation process ..is Ctrl alt delete ..and force a shut down ..
basically it's pants ..and I can't be the only one to notice this ..
The problem is not with PP ..but since it uses google maps ..it fails ..

>>>>
Reported by a...@daboom.com, Dec 8, 2015
My application, developed in Visual C++ 2013, loads a javascript file into a CHtmlView object. It worked perfectly well until it recently started displaying the error message https://maps.googleapis.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/23/2/intl/en_gb/onion.js.

To ensure that this error had nothing to do with my application or javascript file, I recreated the problem using Microsoft's sample Internet Explorer project (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177540(v=vs.90).aspx) simply modifying it to open one of Google's sample map javascript files (Simple Map). I've attached the modified project.

When the exe is run the map is displayed correctly but after a minute or two of zooming and mouse movements an error dialog is displayed with the script error.

Also, perhaps or perhaps not related, even though I modified the javascript file to call version 3.22 of the Google Maps API it always seems to be using 3.23!

Ideas?

>>>>>>

It may well be google maps fault ...but makes the installation of PP ....and possibly its use ....welll ...use-less

..fwiw I have sent a copy of the screengrab showing the error ..and a link to the related discussion as pasted above to PP /COAA
not expecting a reply but you never know..
 

Attachments

  • script.webp
    script.webp
    58 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
So ..they are obviouslty already aware of the issue ..
This was a seriously fast reply ..
>>
Hi E

Just install the program skipping the home location step and after it is up and running, select Options..Home location and put in your coordinates.

Regards
Bev
COAA

Basically I did just this when I installed in the Optiplex 620 ..
Not because I wanted to ...not because I saw the problem ..
put simply I had no internet connection on that machine at the time ..so did it by default.
 
Hi VS looks like Bev has replied to you.
We don't usually have any problems with the home location set up , I suspect its something specific to your machine...however Bevs reply seems to have resolved the issue
 
Hi VS looks like Bev has replied to you.
We don't usually have any problems with the home location set up , I suspect its something specific to your machine...however Bevs reply seems to have resolved the issue
Bev has replied ..and I have got it going ok ..but without accurately setting my home location ..
I need to find out how to do this recursively now ..
The issue is known regarding googlemaps ..and is all over the internet ..
See the note I posted above from a discussion on another forum by a guy writing software that used google maps ..
He experienced the exact same issues ..and java errors ..
There IS a problem with an embedded java bit of code ..which does only manifest during the zooming process ..and apparently only if using windows explorer with google maps ..
rgds
Evan
 
Found it ..
the T channel on 54w ..
My first plane plotted off the US coast
:)Found it.webp
 
So ..I reckon 15W and 54W are both do-able on 1 to 1.2 mtr dishes ..
the smaller the dish the less tight the beam ..
Perfik for such inclined birds ...so long as the dishes aren't too small ..and gain is sacrificed.
This would require 2 x C1PLL ...and 2x SDR receivers ....and worse ...possibly 2 satellite cards to power the 2 C band lnbs ..both with loop through ...but that we can get around ..
What method /hardware are you using confucian ?
rgds
VS
 
Last edited:
54W is certainly fairly active exactly as Confucian described ..
PP has now been running about 20 minutes ..and already quite a few planes plotted ..plus some red triangles ..which I'm guessing might be military hardware ?

So what are these triangles anyone ??Found it 2.webp

Well ..the triangles dont move ..so I'm guessing ground stations ...or grounded aircraft ?
 
Last edited:
Doesn't the SDRPlay have a built in LNA where as the AirSpy hasn't?
I believe so ...but can't be absolutely sure ...
I could do with a block diagram of it's internals ...or maybe a schematic (unlikely this is public tho')
 
So ..I reckon 15W and 54W are both do-able on 1 to 1.2 mtr dishes ..
the smaller the dish the less tight the beam ..
Perfik for such inclined birds ...so long as the dishes aren't too small ..and gain is sacrificed.
This would require 2 x C1PLL ...and 2x SDR receivers ....and worse ...possibly 2 satellite cards to power the 2 C band lnbs ..both with loop through ...but that we can get around ..
What method /hardware are you using confucian ?
rgds
VS
I have a bank of old satellite receivers powering my lnb's which is fun when changing polarisation, as they all have the same remote and no manual channel change button. lol
Been looking around for an alternative arrangement, this looks interesting.
UNBRANDED - A1330 - SATELLITE LINE POWER INSERTER | CPC UK
 
Back
Top