The Aero Thread..

I have a bank of old satellite receivers powering my lnb's which is fun when changing polarisation, as they all have the same remote and no manual channel change button. lol
Been looking around for an alternative arrangement, this looks interesting.
UNBRANDED - A1330 - SATELLITE LINE POWER INSERTER | CPC UK
Yes indeed ..
I already have one of those ..
and I could do with a few more ..
One psu/reciver buring yer leccy for 19v is enough I think ..

They are also on fleabay ..but at a staggering £7 plus each ..
I also considered shipping something like this from the US ..
DIRECTV 6 Satellite Line Power Inserter (PI-6S) 250 - 2150 MHZ with power supply


the psu is useless over here of course ..but the inserter is not..
I shall try and get it cheaper tho'
 
Had my PC running :-
3 x Sdr#
3 x Jaero
1 x VRS
1 x PlanePlotter
Runs between 70 & 80 % CPU
Problem is when I remote into it with TeamViewer it crys "ENOUGH" lol
I wish SDR# and Jaero would run on a Rasberry Pi it would make life a lot easier.
 
54W is certainly fairly active exactly as Confucian described ..
PP has now been running about 20 minutes ..and already quite a few planes plotted ..plus some red triangles ..which I'm guessing might be military hardware ?

So what are these triangles anyone ??View attachment 92830

Well ..the triangles dont move ..so I'm guessing ground stations ...or grounded aircraft ?

The triangles are standard VHF ACARS fixes

Don't forget to set the omit delete time for ACARS to 30/60mins.You can do this by pressing the green and blue spanner and selecting the drop down menu.

Sat ACARS are usually about 20-25 mins apart at present.

John
 
Had my PC running :-
3 x Sdr#
3 x Jaero
1 x VRS
1 x PlanePlotter
Runs between 70 & 80 % CPU
Problem is when I remote into it with TeamViewer it crys "ENOUGH" lol
I wish SDR# and Jaero would run on a Rasberry Pi it would make life a lot easier.

I should add that this set up is producing spectacular results...well done "C" !

John
 
I believe so ...but can't be absolutely sure ...
I could do with a block diagram of it's internals ...or maybe a schematic (unlikely this is public tho')
I don't remember if I've linked to this before but it's where I got that info
Code:
http://www.rtl-sdr.com/review-airspy-vs-sdrplay-rsp-vs-hackrf/
It also explains the higher cpu usage of AirSpy that it uses 10MSPS sample rate only.
 
I should add that this set up is producing spectacular results...well done "C" !

John
Not added 15W yet, waiting arrival of Lnb, just seeing if pc will stand the strain Lol
 
Last question for the moment C ...as my bath has now run ..
In order to free up the Airspy for other projects ...I would certainly consider dongling the 2 inmarsat birds I have access to ...(maybe 3 if 25E is strong enough) ..
So ..what brand of dongle are you using ..and how stable are they frequrncy wise ...?
any appreciable drift ?
rgds
VS
 
Last question for the moment C ...as my bath has now run ..
In order to free up the Airspy for other projects ...I would certainly consider dongling the 2 inmarsat birds I have access to ...(maybe 3 if 25E is strong enough) ..
So ..what brand of dongle are you using ..and how stable are they frequrncy wise ...?
any appreciable drift ?
rgds
VS
Noodles mini2+ Tcxo 0.5ppm and Ttl_Sdr.com Tcxo 1ppm
I will post links later when back on pc
Most drift I get looks to be down to the Lnb not the dongle, considering having a go at moving one to Tcxo as in the TITC1 thread
 
Well ..having had a quick soak in the tub ...My last project for the night is to write down the specifics for 54W so I can find it again easily ..then swing Tom over to 25E to see if it is even possible on a TD110 ..
bbl..
VS
 
Roughly the same frequecy C or ..is it wildly different ?
..and I may have to wait till it crosses the equator
 
So ..at least I get a target this time ..
there are some active C band data transponders on BADR ...and I am peaking 4118 16psk at 3.1 db ..
This of course is at 26E ...and the F15 positions the dish to peak at 26.4
so close enough to be able to do the sums for 25E
;)
 
Well ..there isn't anything easy about this bird ...but if you wait long enough ...you get rewards..
In the intermediate time ..an awful lot of bad T and RT packets..
This Inmarsat is a bit of a lame duck I think ..
Still ..
plane over africa.webp T packet.webp
 
Well ..there isn't anything easy about this bird ...but if you wait long enough ...you get rewards..
In the intermediate time ..an awful lot of bad T and RT packets..
This Inmarsat is a bit of a lame duck I think ..
Still ..
View attachment 92846 View attachment 92847
Try adjusting frequency to get the green bandwidth more in the middle of the Jaero trace I find it reduces bad packets
 
Try adjusting frequency to get the green bandwidth more in the middle of the Jaero trace I find it reduces bad packets
Still getting more than my share of bad packets C ..
I suspect this bird is gonna need at least a 1.2m dish
 
Still getting more than my share of bad packets C ..
I suspect this bird is gonna need at least a 1.2m dish
You could be right. The 1.4 I had on it I replaced with a 1.8 as I wasn't getting much success. But that 1.4 is now working fine on 54W.
 
Looks to me like 15W and 54W can be done with a well set up 1m ..and 25E with a well set up 1.2m dish..
At least thats what I'm sensing..
Time to chill and watch some TV ..but I'll leave Tom on 25E for a while to see what I catch..
later
VS
 
Try it again in the morning, traffic level
does vary on 25E.
 
Try it again in the morning, traffic level
does vary on 25E.
Will do ..
at least I'm seeing a bit of activity tho' ..
I would have expected more over Europe ..France Spain Germany etc..
activity.webp
 
Back
Top