The Aero Thread..

The 24v psu brick arrived today ...so figured it time to try the Sonora bias T ...
Only got 54W hooked up atm ...but seems to be working just fine ...and releases the TBS card for other duties ..
rgds
VS
Sonora test.webp DSCF0009.webp DSCF0010.webp
 
To clear the air of a question asked a couple of weeks ago, there was a 1.5 GHz (1545MHz ?) signal that nobody could establish the origin of .

I can confirm that some speed camera detectors installed in vehicles (either for GPS location or for the detection of camera itself) are tuned to this frequency.

I will try to get a bit more info later tonight, but it would seem to point at the reason behind the localised random nature of these signals.

Regards
1.546230 GHz
I would also investigate odd harmonics, it is dividable by 3,5 and 7 (but not 9) and you get:
515.410 MHz
309.246 MHz
220.890 MHz
 
My plans for Aero Corner in the shack ..are coming together ..
This is what I have so far..
;)DSCF0006.webp DSCF0007.webp
 
Had a reply from Jonti this morning ..
Good as his word sent me links to a modded and recompiled 32 bit and a 64 bit version of the Jaero .exe
I'm currently sort of beta testing the 64 bit version...but is a little lomplex to use as it involves replacing the original exe ...then creating multiple links with modified permissions ...
These modded links can then be labelled and moved hopefully to their respective directories ...and the main exex started from there ...but now has the ability to retain settings per modded permission startup...if that makes sense..

He also says a new release which hopefully will have such features is in the pipeline..

I've asked him if I can pass these versions on ...but as yet no reply ...but if okayed I have no doubt Confucian will be first in line..

rgds
VS
 
So Yes it does work ..
and yes it is tricky to set up ..
Now more than ever you need those labels on the shortcuts ...
I have mine showing the Dish > Arc posn ...and more importantly ..the SDR startup order ..
..as this is not carved in stone and depends on which dongle is plugged in which port ..

Using this method starts the dongles in sequence ...and thus SDR# VXO settings are maintained ..
plus we now have ...thanks to Jonti Jaero which has no particular start order ...since each startup from the shortcut 'retains' which virtual cable is in use ..and if a UDP port is required to pas this data to Plane Plotter ..
Yes it's complex ...but nice when a plan comes together..
..and sorted it in time to watch the Mens Final at Wimbledon ..
C'mon Andy Lad ...
:D
3 sdr running A.webp 2 SDR startup points B.webp
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
Not tried it yet Confucian ....but I will soon ..
As to the Jaero upgrade ...I'll let you have a copy just as soon as Jonti gives the OK ..
I'm holding back only because it is a first development which he may not want in the public domain as yet..
But be assured ..it does work though tricky to set up at first..
rgds
VS
 
Ok ...
seem to have trouble finding a related thread ..
Can someone point me at the tcxo titanium modding info ?
Probably my next project on the to-do list.
rgds
VS
 
Hmm ..
do you have a preference for a specific type Confuciam ...or SB ..?

been looking at these on Aliexpress but not sure what voltage ?
could be 5v 0r 3.3v
??
tcxo.webp
 
Couldn't find the Rakon on Ali ..
But ordered 2 packs of 2 ...so 4 in total from the US via ebay ..as they only charge once for postage ..
I was tempted by the SMD ...but suspect these were higher than 1ppm which is critical imo ...
The Vanguard brand looks to be the best ...but at about £27 each ...gulp
forget it ..
rgds
VS
 
Ok ..
Just had a reply from Jonti ..
No problems reagarding passing on the exe ...
So ..If you want a copy Confucian ..just PM me ..
Do you want the 32 or 64 bit version ?

New full release with installer coming soon ...
..a week or so he said..
rgds
Evan

This is how I used it ..
Rename the exe in your installation of Jaero to 'old' and drop in the new one in its place..
then :-

..from Jonti >>>>

Hi Evan,



I’ve made it so you can start JAERO with an optional command to specify settings name. This means if you want two instances of JAERO that don’t compete you can start one as usual (“JAERO.exe”) and the other one as say “JAERO.exe –s dish2”. I suggest you make a couple of shortcut icons with different names and change the target names to match the settings you want to use, for example for settings called “test” use the following as the shortcut properties.


Jaero.webp




This way you can run JAERO in one directory have a couple of shortcuts that run the different JAEROs.
 
Last edited:
Just posting this screengrab up ...as it is a first for me ..
ie ..spotting a plane over Africa..
:D
over africa.webp
 
As promised ..
Latest Jaero is now available..
received this email :-

Hi Evan,


I’ve released v1.0.4.4 that includes the “-s” command for multiple instances of JAERO. Apart from that the only other difference from v1.0.4.3 is that it can act as a TCP client for C-band ADS messages. Not much of an update but these are two things that people have wanted.


Cheers,

Jonti

............................................................................................

bottom of the web page

JAERO


My thanks again to Jonti for his continued work on this project.

rgds
VS
 
Almost broke the 400 Aircraft tracked barrier this afternoon.

397.webp
 
Just brought my highest C1PLL down from the TD110 ...at the highest point of the house ..
ready for modding ...
Really tho' ...having opened it up ..
This is what I found ..
Gasket folded over inside ..
Potentially a fail waiting to happen ...and so inaccessible..
not impressed at all..
:(
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    228.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0002.webp
    DSCF0002.webp
    216.6 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top