The DaVinci Code

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
This has to be the best thriller that I've seen in years, don't miss it.

It's on TV3 11758H on 19 east, also on 30 west and both in English.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Recorded it on Sunday, haven't had a chance to watch it yet. :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
We must have a different taste in films.

I thought it didn't live up to the hype and Tom Hanks was miscast.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Books should be read :)

sophia

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
I agree that the book is much better than the film; in fact, most of the times they always are...:)

:-hagd

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
A book is a book; a movie is a...

They are different media. Saying a movie is not as good as a book is a valid point but not really relevant to how good the movie is. One uses your imagination the other doesn't.

I've not read the book (Davinci code). The films sucks IMO regardless of whether the book is a masterpiece or $hit.

I've read LOTR and seen all the films. The book is great. So are the films.
But if one or other had been mediocre it wouldn't have detracted from the other.

Although you may think differently?

:D

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
sophia said:
I agree that the book is much better than the film; in fact, most of the times they always are...

Most people say this but I wonder if it's true.
Now people read the book before ever seeing the film as the simple fact is that the book comes out before the film, as film's are made from a book and not the other way round.

Having read the book your mind remembers it as pictured in your brain especially if it was a book you enjoyed.
Then out comes the film of the book which is not as you have pictured it, because someone else has done this, i.e the director.

It's a bit like when someone "covers" a popular song everyone says that the original was the best and in most cases they are, but is that just because the remake is different to what you think it should be.
I can't think of a remake that is better than the original but surely that can't be right.

Going back to The DaVinci Code I saw the film first and that is how I picture it, but now I'm in the process of reading the book (I've not finished it yet) and am finding that the film is the better of the two as I find Dan Brown's writing does not flow very smoothly, even though very interesting.

sophia

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
The book (in this case the Da Vinci Code) as most of the books give us descriptions of details of situations, thoughts and feelings that unfortunetly doesn't occur with the film, maybe because the film "runs" too fast, or the person goes with a higher expectation of the film, after we read the book, or even because the suspense and the "surprise" element is already known...
Whatever the reason, I don't enjoy much the films after reading the books.

:-hagd

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Ï thought the ending was a bit glib, after all the suspense at the beginning.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The film or the thread?

:D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I don't believe in Dab Da Vinci code, brother! Load of tosh, although I am not knocking the film. I suppose it's all oaky as fiction.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
It is fiction so don't worry. Remember it's a thriller not a documentary.

If anyone want's to see it, it's on Taquilla 5 on Astra 1 and Hispasat at the moment.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Yeah Rob I am into space, fiction and stuff. :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
By the way, I cannot get Taquilla... :(