The Future

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
Hi, I`m new to all this, have got a dragon cam 4.1 with predator 3.20 but must confess I was a bit disappointed with what it can open. Turns out I was looking at an old channel list for the dragon and when I did a bit of research things have slimmed down considerably. Don`t get me wrong, I understand this is a hobby and you can`t expect to get too much for nothing. Question is is this the general cycle of things, ie lots of channels open then the providers change things round and there is a bit of a dry spell followed by happy days again with an update, or is this a general decline as the encryption systems get better.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Providers are screwing down the lid on freebies. Things can only get worse in the near future as more compromised encryptions are scrapped.

How long it will take for the newer encryptions to be breached is anyones guess, but Sky UK's videoguard is still holding out after 6 years.

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
Analoguesat said:
Providers are screwing down the lid on freebies. Things can only get worse in the near future as more compromised encryptions are scrapped.

How long it will take for the newer encryptions to be breached is anyones guess, but Sky UK's videoguard is still holding out after 6 years.

Looks like I`ve got into this a bit late! If/when TPS goes there will probably be very little I will watch, I guess there is still some fun seeing whats out there etc and trying to find feeds etc, but I was kind of hoping to have some watchable channels as well. Oh well, suppose I could always try and learn german and stick to Astra 1

MattJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox, Technomate 5500, Humax CR-5510 and Comag Porty 2
Dragon CAM
45/80cm mesh dishes, 35cm solid dish, Triax TD110
My Location
North-West England
Sky Italia was a big loss, when it went. It means many decent English Language channels have been lost - for now.

It isn't the end - over time, other, newer encryptions will eventually be hacked, but it may take some time.

At the moment however, there are some great value packages around, such as Digitalb on 16E - for around £10-12 per month, you can get some recent movies (with English Language) , and Premierhip Football (with, from what I've heard English Language).

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Just so you know, the Digital ALB package is excellent, you also get a channel which shows Friends, OC, Alias, and stuff like that, plus mature content, all day. Word of warning, the movies have subtitles, which as far as I'm aware you cannot remove. Shame, small blemish on what surely has to be the best value package considering the footy and the new movies you get.

Tom k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to install multi sat.
yazooo said:
Just so you know, the Digital ALB package is excellent, you also get a channel which shows Friends, OC, Alias, and stuff like that, plus mature content, all day. Word of warning, the movies have subtitles, which as far as I'm aware you cannot remove. Shame, small blemish on what surely has to be the best value package considering the footy and the new movies you get.

Which sat do you get the ALB package 13 or 19o ?
Rgds Tk

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
It's on 16'E, have a look here

Rgds

L.