Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
BGonaSTICK said:
Couldn't agree more. Right up there with pretending that the Holocaust never happened.
Couldn't agree more about both points. As much as some amongst us would like history to be different to suit their own aspirations and desires one cannot ignore the reality of what really took place with both these events. Hopefully the former point will be repeated someday and the latter latter will never.

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
DaDragon said:
I personally never doubted that they went,to sugest otherwise is an insult to all the men who lost their lives during the early apollo missions!!!
Regards DaDragon.
Also the russian cosmonaughts who perished in space but there identitys covered up by the soviets...

DaDragon

Reaction score
Nismo400R,
Good point mate,and lest we forget maybe women as well!!!.Who knows what happened in Russia,they did send the first woman into space Valentina teraskova.(probably spelt that wrong but you know who i mean)
Regards DaDragon.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
T_G said:
I don't think a cover up this size is possible, even in complete totalitarian states things tend to leak. I am not saying various govm'ts don't try to do it, but I believe that so many people involved would make it impossible. They are not as clever as some of the hollywood films might suggest. All this obsession over cover ups and wide ranging conspiracy theories looks to me as coming from the same source that makes man believe in all sorts of unseen things, beings and dieties...The human mind is just a wonderful inventive computer that feeds on feelings, fears, wishes etc etc to create set-ups and scenarios so we can "understand" the un-understandable.
I find myself drawn somewhat to this or that theory, it is so tempting to "go for it". I mean, it would be cracking if they found the original "Directors Cut 2 of the moon landing with additional unrelesed footage" but as I said, once you think of it in a cold realistic way - no way.
The cover-up didn't need to be so elaborate as there weren't many people involved. All the people in ground control were doing was monitoring screens and communications which could have been coming from anywhere. As to the directors cut, apparently in has surfaced and in included in a film "Something funny happened on the way to the moon". The biggest mystery for me is why Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong refuse to talk about the landing today.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
They're probably sick of people calling them liars.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
BGonaSTICK said:
They're probably sick of people calling them liars.

He Stick good to see you back! Never the same without you here :)

Regarding them not wanting to talk about it, I can understand it. I mean, for 40 years they have to tell the same thing over and over and over again, if I was them I'd kill myself with a moon rock just so I won't have to repeat. One small step........

Regarding the conspiracy: It could not have been done without a good number of people, scientists etc. Also, there were quite a few moon landings, and all had to be faked? Or was it a case of "Moonlanding ÍI the ervenge of the cheese" O-Ha

Not to forget, they brought samples of moon stones that has been studied by scientists in Universities all over the world. So if these stones from the moon were not real, someone would have suddenly found out that it had a label "Special Effects Hollywood" on them or "Made in Taiwan"

And again: I suppose they could have entertained the idea to fake the moon landing. But the people in NASA and the scientists would have knownn that there would be in our lifetime the real possibility to see the equipment left over on the moon, or that the russians would find out there was no moonlanding. The resulting loss of face would have been far to big a risk to take even in the cold war area

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Once you had decided to fake the landing, very few people would need to be involved. In the new footage there is visable audio of Armstrong being cued when to communicate back to ground control in order to fake the delay. It also shows footage of the astranauts setting up the shot of the earth from orbit to make it look like it was further away. There is so much evidence from space-suits, lack of stars, booster noise, crosshairs behind images, backgrounds repeating, voice analysis, shadow analysis, that NASA should easily be able to explain. Considering where their funding comes from I would think they would not want 30% of the public disbelieving their achievements and would address each issue.

Regarding the moon rock, it has been suggested that his came from a meteor hit 5 months prior to the launch in Texas. It would explain why scientists were dismayed when the samples brought back showed the moon to be older than the earth and not part of it.

lejizz

Reaction score
The technology computer wise was about on par to a calculator apparently. Saying this, there was no data flow as in a computer that acesses the internet, just the 1's and 0's, but if someone was to say to you " hey.. we are gonna put you into space on top of a 100 foot? rocket and we are gonna use your mobile phone to guide you. We know that we have not really tested a space mission before, but we need to beat the french, they have had a monkey a dog and then a human just outside of the earths atmosphere, but what the hell, we can go all of the way without that silly testing. Don't be alarmed about the space dust, although it travels at sub sonic speeds, the tiles will protect you.. just hope that they don't fall off lol. we will bring you back off the moon in a rickety module that uses a firework to dock with the ship, and then get you all nice and toasy before bringing you back to earth with a parachute"

Well i think thaI would be the first in the queue... To CALL THEM INSANE!

Not sure if they went there, but if they did, they are making a good argument to show that they did'nt with the photos and video. Then there was the live feed in Australia, that was different from the feed that we all saw. When our live feed finished, the aussies saw Neil Armstong (I think) kick an empty coke bottle on the ground. It was in the Aussie newspapers apparently.

maybe they did'nt go first time but maybe later.

Anyone heard about the scrambled signals where there were glass structures on the dark side?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
well i still dont think they did, im really sceptical???

why only go 4 times... and why has no one gone back since Dec 1972?

surely with the advance of technology between 1972 and now, we could practically build a base on the moon now......

OR..

is it that we STILL cant do it for REAL

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If a couple of nutters can build a reusable space vehicle in their 'garage' and return a human cargo to earth twice in a fortnight, then I'm comfortable with it all.

With the very greatest respect to those that have lost their lives in the most recent of NASA accidents, in the 50's and 60's such an accident wouldn't have stalled the entire space program for several years while the bureaucrats trebled the costs with their meddling.

I for one was quite surprised that SpaceShipOne was even allowed to be rolled out in front of the cameras, let alone to take off for space!

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
some of my favourite books are .......

Our Secret Spaceship Moon. The moon's hollow, really a giant spaceship, with extraterrestrials living inside it.

Someone Else Is On Our Moon. Even better, this one has photos, with arrows pointing to rocks that move, bridges being constructed, buildings, etc. My copy's a tiny paperback, the author suggests you ask Nasa for large "glossies", showing better details .....

Oh, and why have all conspiracy theory magazines recently vanished?

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
[Oh, and why have all conspiracy theory magazines recently vanished?[/QUOTE]

mmh thats another conspiracy theory me thinks :D

i just watched a documentry called "astronauts gone wild". It was a guy in america going around with a bible and a camera crew and asking the astronauts like neil armstrong etc to swear on the bible that they landed on the moon. Only about 2 of them did and one of them when he called them a liar punched him., Entertaining stuff. Its floating around on the torrents somewhere.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
s*t*a*r*m*a*n said:
[Oh, and why have all conspiracy theory magazines recently vanished?

mmh thats another conspiracy theory me thinks :D

i just watched a documentry called "astronauts gone wild". It was a guy in america going around with a bible and a camera crew and asking the astronauts like neil armstrong etc to swear on the bible that they landed on the moon. Only about 2 of them did and one of them when he called them a liar punched him., Entertaining stuff. Its floating around on the torrents somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Look, if I was a famous astronaut, been to the moon in a tin can attached to a giant bomb, managed to come back alive and then some weirdo with a camera and a bible comes up to me and demands to swear on the bible I would punch his lights out before he managed to finish half of his dumb request.

As a matter of fact, anybody coming up to me asking me to "proove" my integrity by swearing on a bible, koran, tora, or any other holy symbol would get into trouble with me, moon or not moon. :-hammer

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Its not so much the tin can on the firework, but the ten or so years of training, leading to ten to fifteen days of flashing lights, odd gravity changes, liquid food in tubes, and the smell of others farts in the aformentioned tin can, - just to land on a rock with no hope of return if some techie has put the wrong touchpaper in the return squib.
(and those bleeps between alternate transmissions would drive me nuts)

No wonder interplanetry travel is for the future, its not the technology thats lacking, its the ability to live in harmony for months, in a menage-a-trois/quatre/cinq etc.

Nothing wrong with lamping paparazzi in my books, if they want to take me on after Ive returned in one piece.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Yeah. Mercury capsule was called the "man in a can", weightlessness practice aeroplane was "the vomit comet" . As for the food ......

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Meanwhile, back in the old aircraft hanger where they staged the moon landings ...

Yeah, this is a good one. Funny photos. Exploding spacecraft (they really did, prototype rocket engines kept blowing up test pads, took ages to get right). Having to pass through radiation belts. 2001 was in cinemas Xmas 1968, leaving 6 months for film techniclans to prepare for "the next one" ...

But, to keep constant contact with Apollo crafts, Nasa needed huge network of radio dishes (cos earth spins, very inconvenient!). There were maybe 7 or 8 places around the world "hooked in" (film The Dish), and some special NASA ships at sea too (not many radio telescopes mid-ocean!). People at all these places detected the radio signals coming direct from the spacecraft(s).

There's no doubt Apollo rockets went to the moon. If they were really unmanned, NASA would have had to fake both constant voice coms and telemety (remember Apollo 13?), and some TV stuff, and beam it all up to the real spacecraft(s), to transmit it back, in order to fool all the people receiving it.

(Added), don't forget, the spacecraft transmitted TV much of the time - not just during "public" broadcasts - which was seen in many places. How could the astronauts "simulate" weightlessness for so long, continously (in some cases, 2 weeks)?

(Added) After watching the excellent "Apollo" on Sound TV, seems it was actually 14 receiving sites, which greatly strengthens this argument!

jlam

Reaction score
when they landed you could see there wasnt much room inside,where was the moon buggy its quite big,did it land seperately,it wasnt in the appllo thats for sure

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Even if it didnt, they could have used the holodeck, so not really a conspiracy theory

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
If they had a holodeck, then of course faking moon landings no problem! But, where did they get it from?