RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
did the americans land on it or not??

the older and hopefully wiser i get :) i think they didnt??

why do they not go there anymore??

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
why do they not go there anymore??
Because they're spending the money conquering (sorry,'democratising') the world.

Llew

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
because the Americans are the only ones (if they did) to go to the moon, they probably think they own it :)

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
Funny u should say that but im at the same thought,,,maybe its because im getting older and grumpier that i think not also,,,bearing in mind it takes this huge ship to get into space with loads of fuel,,then this little pod goes all the way to the moon,,then lands,takes off and comes all the way back on a thimblefull,,then lands,,,mmmmmm i know they say no gravity etc but still,,,so lets face it they used a super fuel,,so why arnt we using it in our cars...lol...personally i think it was aload of cow's doo doo and was all a scam to show they are better cheats than the russians ...haha

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Americans dropped a laser ranging device on the moon (basically a big mirror) Its still in use today - the only experiment on the moon still functioning. If they didnt get there, how could scientists today be using the mirror??

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
mmmm if u say so,,,forgot to mention that when neil armstrong came down the stairs and said one small step etc how come there was a camera allready on the moon filming him coming down the stairs etc,,,did someone go out first then they re took it O-Ha

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Mick

There are plenty of conspiracy sites about , probably just as many ones for as for against.

Im still trying to find the three pin plug in the HP shot of the moon as Im sure that proves the English were there first.

I hear Cavorite is in the shops this Christmas

As for cameras on the moon, have you ever seen a policeman installing a speed camera, or a council operative painting yellow lines ?

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
I do not see the problem, we were told as children that the moon was made of green cheese. So how could anyone land on it with a rocket without setting it alight?:rolleyes:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hmm if it is green cheese, and the Yanks tried to land a rocket on it, we would have had the biggest fondue in history :)

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
i dont think the man on the moon would be very happy about people sitting on his face ({}) :D

shazmart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500ci plus
Motorised dish
Infinity Phoenix programmer
Blue Tit /MkII/Various Fun cards...& a Matrix Reloaded cam
My Location
Norfolk
s*t*a*r*m*a*n said:
i dont think the man on the moon would be very happy about people sitting on his face ({}) :D
Who...Neil Armstrong?

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
the man on the moon, you know the guy that looks down over the earth when you look up at him. I dont think the moon is made of cheese though, thats just silly :p

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The moon's a balloon so would burst if landed upon. :)

waz

Reaction score
hi
i have never really understood why the russians never landed on the moon.
did they just lose interest after they *lost the race*.
waz

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
The Russians dropped a flag on the moon before the supposed US landing. In a documentary some years back the Russians involved were asked the same question. They said that because of the radiation it was impossible to send people to the moon.

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Yeah, thats what i heard, they examined the suits they used on the "trip to the moon" and after the tests, they concluded that the suits were nowhere near capable of stopping the radiation, i think i also heard that the radiation is so strong that the pod would have had to be encased in lead a few feet thick!! anyone else see this documentary. I think it was on C5??

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
my mate said there was a documentry on the moon landings being possibly faked and at the end of the program he said an astronaut (dont know who) is supposed to have said the landings were faked but when this part of the program was aired the tv channel went off the air and when it came back on the program was finished. He said he had seen or heard about this part of the program before so its a mighty coincidence.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I don't think a cover up this size is possible, even in complete totalitarian states things tend to leak. I am not saying various govm'ts don't try to do it, but I believe that so many people involved would make it impossible. They are not as clever as some of the hollywood films might suggest. All this obsession over cover ups and wide ranging conspiracy theories looks to me as coming from the same source that makes man believe in all sorts of unseen things, beings and dieties...The human mind is just a wonderful inventive computer that feeds on feelings, fears, wishes etc etc to create set-ups and scenarios so we can "understand" the un-understandable.
I find myself drawn somewhat to this or that theory, it is so tempting to "go for it". I mean, it would be cracking if they found the original "Directors Cut 2 of the moon landing with additional unrelesed footage" but as I said, once you think of it in a cold realistic way - no way.

DaDragon

Reaction score
Soon all will be revealed,there is a telescope or should i say telescopes that are near completion, when they are hooked up they can resolve objects on the moon that are only 3 meters across!!! If you see the remains of the lunar module or the car they took then you'll know they went!!!.I personally never doubted that they went,to sugest otherwise is an insult to all the men who lost their lives during the early apollo missions!!!
Regards DaDragon.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
DaDragon said:
to sugest otherwise is an insult to all the men who lost their lives during the early apollo missions!!!
Couldn't agree more. Right up there with pretending that the Holocaust never happened.