Not open for further replies.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
......that a tow truck could open. Not much trouble for a dalek then.

DaDragon

Reaction score
A quick point,
Now this new series is available on DVD and the BBC make a fortune on sales,i wonder if they'll pull their finger out and find the rest of the Troughton stories they junked,there must be copies somewhere!!!.This is my childhood we're talking about here!!
PS i like the new series but prefer the older stories.
Regards DaDragon.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
I believe above posts support point I'm trying to make, yes, deus ex machina is about it!

The Tardis "mystical bit" was introduced in the Dr Who "film", before that it was simply a machine!

The "time war" seems to have been based on a Johnny Byrne story (doesn't Davies have even one single original idea?!). The original version of this I read - in book The Nth Doctor - was much better!

The lost material is unlikely ever to turn up, best ever Dr Who was The Daleks' Master Plan (wiped, but soundtrack survives), best existing one is The War Games.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
PaulR said:
A bit late posting I know but does anyone else feel uneasy about the Deus ex machina solution of the Tardis having a mystical centre that can fix anything?

PaulR

LOL, yes. I can see this solution being employed every time the script-writers back themselves into a stupid corner.

We'll all be shouting "Get Rose's mum to ring that bloke with the tow-truck!!!!"

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
This morning, I was watching childrens' tv in bed (just how lazy can you get?). In fact, The Saturday Show, quite good, better than much "grown up" stuff!

Anyway, they've got this thing called "Dr Loo", ie, a "Portaloo Tardis" travelling through time and space! Interesting thing is, although this is clearly improvised, it's still much better than any of Russell T Davies' Dr Who "scripts".

(Ok, I'm going back under the sheets now, to hide from Davies' lawyers!).

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
@ spiney are you sure that you were not dreaming of going to the loo.... ;)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Ah, good point, maybe it was one of those "lucid dreams" we hear about? Or, maybe they'll repeat it next week, then I'll know for sure (or, would that just be a "recurring nightmare"?).

Hang on, where's my bedpan? ............

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Rob said:
are you sure that you were not dreaming of going to the loo.... ;)
I go to the toilet regularly every morning at 7:00 am.

Unfortunately I don't get out of bed until 7:30...

PaulR

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hope that's not what you mean by "cold, wet, Wirral" Paul. ;)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
As part of "health education", we always used to be told "be regular", but don't hear this advice so often now. Are we any better off?

While we're still on this topic, just exactly where is the toilet in the Tardis? After all, you never hear any flushing sounds, or see The Doctor "zipping up" when entering the Console Room!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well...

The Doctor is an alien (2 hearts, etc) so it's conceivable that other parts of his body don't function the same.

Personally I think that his body can completely digest all food right down to the molecular level. This would give the energy needed for regeneration and has the fortunate by product of not having any waste products to dispose of. Any companions will just have to "hold on" until the Doctor can call in at the next intergalactic service station.

Rob

Keep an eye on my location...

PaulR

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Nope, that wouldn't work, he'd just keep on gaining mass (fat Dr Who!).

He's have to dispose of wastes somehow, even if by just sweating.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
PaulR said:
Rob Keep an eye on my location...PaulR

Now I'm really worried...............not coming to Essex for your hols are you Paul

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rob

LOL

No, moving further south than that.

Spiney

He could expel the waste as nearly massless neutrinos which would stream away in all directions barely interacting with the world about him.

PaulR

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I declare that

1) most folks think it was pretty good, and
2) as the series finished its run several weeks ago, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.