There are no silly questions (except this one): Sky in Austria?

redwien

Member
My Satellite Setup
Newbie looking for advice, currently using a 80 cm dish for FTA german, spanish channels
My Location
Vienna, Austria
Hello All,

I'm completely new to this so I'm sorry if this is a basic question.

What do I need to do to get Sky in Austria? Dish size? receiver? Can I use a sky viewing card registered to my parents in Ireland?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

redwien
 
you will have no problem picking up most of the sky package with an adverage dish (80cm should get astra 2a,2b and eurobird) but astra 2d will require a much bigger dish and this is where rte, bbc and itv are. looking at lyngsat you might need something as big as 2m to guarentee unbroken coverage. there are threads on the forum about 2d reception in different parts of europe. as for the card, it will work anywhere as long as its in the sky box that it was registered in. dont connect the box to the phone line and dont tell sky you are using it abroad and you should have no problems.
 
If you are not looking to receive the ITV and BBC channels, then probably an 80cm to 1m will do. You should be fine if your parents subscribe for you.

PS. Probably 1.8m for Astra 2D
 
Thanks for the help:-worship.

One last question (well for now), my parents already have a sky account, if they order an extra digibox & card can that be then taken to Austria or would I need to use an address where it is the first sky account, if you understand what I mean?:confused:

Cheers again!
 
They will need to order a full price second card and you would be best to buy your own digibox, but it will need to be registered to that address.
 
Back
Top