Thinking of dreambox

rando1952

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised system tm 9100,tm 1500,darkbox,diablo cam,
My Location
yorkshire
Hi all
Have just joined i wonder if anyone can advise me on the correct route.My boxes at the moment are tm 9100,tm1500 and a hd darkbox.Reading about the dm 800 it seems to tick all the boxes(would love a dm 8000 to expensive).
First question where do you get one from without it being a clone and is it as good as i read about opinions please.I am used to using linux with the dm 9100 prefer the linux system now.

sinjin_smythe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 running BH v012, 2 x Sky Minidishes with DiSEqC switch pointing at Astra 28.2E and Hotbird 13E
My Location
Derry, Northern Ireland
You could try the forum sponsors, I bought my DM800 from Creative Sattelite a few months ago and have had no problems with it so far. I would say general consensus for best backup and support is buying from Mark at satstore, unfortunately he didnt have any in stock when I was buying but I see he has now.
Good luck!

howc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Alloy Dish
Moteck SG2100 motor
dm800HD Receiver
DM500s Receiver
also
Gemini 90 Dish
Stab HH120 Motor
Smart Titanium LNB
My Location
Surrey/Hampshire
I agree forum sponsors, or Mark at Satstore or the dreambox shop in Camberley (terrible website and mixed opinions on service or lack of but he is a genuine distributor).

As for what its like........yeah its good Im very happy with it great for streaming to my PC but given that you have a 9100 and a HD Darkbox Im not sure what extra you will gain from having a DM800 as well.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Mark, at satstore is one of only 2 official UK suppliers. He offers great customer service and gives the full Dream 2 year warranty. SMS does not !

No question really.