Thor 5 T3 coverage in Qatar

diderik

Member
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
Hotbird and Nilsat
My Location
Qatar
I am trying to receive Norwegian TV in Qatar. I have discovered that the sattellit Thor 5 T3 have a footprint in the middel east. I also have a Canal Digital receiver with card. Can anyone tell me the azimut and height of the Thor 5 from my possition in Doha, Qatar

Norwegian in Qatar :)
 
You can use a Calculator like this _http://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm to establish the data you need.
 
diderik said:
I am trying to receive Norwegian TV in Qatar. I have discovered that the sattellit Thor 5 T3 have a footprint in the middel east. I also have a Canal Digital receiver with card. Can anyone tell me the azimut and height of the Thor 5 from my possition in Doha, Qatar

Norwegian in Qatar :)

Dont bother - the scandanavian channels dont transmit on the T3 beam!

In fact as far as I can tell from the frequency sites the T3 beam isnt active at the moment.
 
No idea, but I guarantee it wont be Nordic signals on that beam
 
Have a look at the maps, on lyngsat, these will give you a rough idea of the size of dish required to pick up the channels.
_http://www.lyngsat.com/1west.html
Click on the links under the Beam heading.
These 3 are the beams for Canal Digital, 1W:
_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/thor5_t1.html
_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/thor5_t2.html
_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/thor3.html

Remove the underscores in the links _.
 
You may want to consider using a slingbox and sending them over the net.

See the IP TV section lower down the forum.
 
Back
Top