Three niggles that started happening recently

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Great site and very usefull information here.
1. The threads with new posts come up in bold, as expected. But after viewing the thread it stays bold and it is difficult to work out which threads have new posts and which not. I had a go at one of the posters as I thought the heading was set up in bold, but this is not the case, it happens to all threads with new posts.:confused
2. We still have a thanks button, but the stats has been removed. This is a good tool to work out which member's replies you can trust as they would typically get thanks for something that worked. It would be nice to have it back.:eek:
3. When a thread is started that is updated with new information regularly (e.g. bouquets or config software), it would be nice to have them as stickies rather than normal threads, within reason. A good example are the tools by B16MCC for the dreamboxes.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
1) If you refresh (F5) they'll immediately unbolden otherwise I find that, unless I make post, it stays emboldened for several minutes. I think this is a function of the way that the search function works.

2) So it has. I suspect it's something that was overlooked in the forum software upgrade.

3) I think you have to be careful with stickies. They are there for information which isn't updated regularly but needs to near the top of the list for reference. If the post is regularly updated it stays near the top, but below the stickies, by definition.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
If F5 causes it to update then the pages are being cached. Just add no-cache to the headers (I don't have the exact syntax to hand).
Just tried F5 and the post still remains highlighted.