Help Required "Timer Sanity Error"

NatKarmios

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Inverto Unicable II LNB (IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP)
Vu+ Solo 4K
My Location
Greater London
I'm running a Vu+ Solo 4K, with ViX 5.0.004.

When attempting to set a timer for a show that is at the same time as another show that I have set a timer for, I am stopped by a "Timer Sanity Error".
However, my box *is* capable of recording multiple shows simultaneously, if I set them to record during the show.

Any way to get around / fix this?

Thanks for any help.

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish setup: 80cm Motorized Dish, TM-5402 HD M3. This setup goes from 1w to 28.2e

My computer setup: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.10 GHz processor and 8GB of ram. Graphics Card is NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti. OS: Windows 10 64 Bit
My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom

When attempting to set a timer for a show that is at the same time as another show that I have set a timer for, I am stopped by a "Timer Sanity Error".
However, my box *is* capable of recording multiple shows simultaneously, if I set them to record during the show.

Thanks for any help.
hi, i think that error is normal it happens on sky/freesat when you set reminders and they clash

A

Archive7

Are you using a smartcard subscription in CI+ CAM or OSCAM?
If the card is inside CI+ then you can only record one channel, no matter how many tuners you have.
If your problem is with FTA channels, then it might be possible to fix the issue.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Thanks for any help.

How many Tuners does the box have?

In any event, there's always a limit to the number of simultaneous recordings due to both the number of Tuners available and what flavour of Transponders are targetted ie Low V, Low H, High V, High H.

More simultaneous recordings can be achieved if most or all the targets have the same flavour. And, of course, the Channel available live on screen will also affect matters.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
hi, i think that error is normal it happens on sky/freesat when you set reminders and they clash

Whilst true, as far as it goes, it's not a Platform related issue.

NatKarmios

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Inverto Unicable II LNB (IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP)
Vu+ Solo 4K
My Location
Greater London
How many Tuners does the box have?

In any event, there's always a limit to the number of simultaneous recordings due to both the number of Tuners available and what flavour of Transponders are targetted ie Low V, Low H, High V, High H.

More simultaneous recordings can be achieved if most or all the targets have the same flavour. And, of course, the Channel available live on screen will also affect matters.

My box has multiple tuners, definitely more than 5.

As I've said, I can record multiple things simultaneously, that works. The issue is setting a timer to record something in advance.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ah, I see.

Sounds like an Image issue, then .... can't help you there I'm afraid.

daro2096

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup at present
My Location
Consett, Durham
On the general election results program coverage I managed to record around 7 channels over 4 transponders using 4 tuners on a Duo 2. Bit of a nerd recording the coverage.

The OP probably has already set his receiver to record from 4 transponders and tried to record a channel from a 5th or it is an image problem(the box's software not the OPs).

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The masochist section is ..............................>>>>>