TM-1500 CI+ Keeps rebooting

Mac1170

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Stationary Dish FTA Receiver
My Location
Ireland NW
Hi all,

I purchased a Technomate TM-1500 in October last. When I first hooked it up to TV/Dish etc and powered it up for the first time the receiver kept rebooting for a few minutes until it eventually stayed on.

This problem has not occurred since until now. When I switch the receiver on it just constantly reboots. When I remove the LNB cable and switch on the receiver it will reboot as normal. When I put the LNB cable back in it starts to reboot over and over again. Can anyone please help? What is causing this? By the way I hooked up my old SL 65 and the same thing happened to it too.!!!!!

Any help appreciated to put me out of my misery!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

I suspect that there is either a problem with the LNB or the cable. Make sure you have not accidentally got a strand of the braid touching the inner core.

Maybe try a short length of pre-made cable with the LNB off the dish.

Robbo:)

Mac1170

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Stationary Dish FTA Receiver
My Location
Ireland NW
Hi Robbo,

You are spot on with your suggestion, there was indeed a strand of the braid touching the inner core, I have removed same and my receiver is working perfectly again. Many thanks for your accurate analysis!

Mac

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Goodo, Nice to know you now have it working.:)