TM 6900 Super Plus UK EPG

cisco_lad2004

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stream FTA + 2 LNBs
Astra / Hotbird
Dear all,

I am in Denmark pointed at 28 deg. I get a fair bit of my favorites channels on the TM 6900...but EPG seems to be lacking big time.
I have purchased the box about 3 months ago, so I assume the S/W must be recent.
is EPG ok for all UL FTAs or is just my box that is buggy?

TIA

Sam

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You don't get a proper EPG on any of the standard Technomates, if you catch it at the right time, the EPG usually gets populated in a rather erratic way showing whats on now and next only. That is the best you will get.

One of the Fortec Star receivers (Passion I think) gives a 7 day EPG, but most don't.

cisco_lad2004

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stream FTA + 2 LNBs
Astra / Hotbird
from TM website:

TELE-TEXT-EPG in Technomate Receivers
25th October 2009
TELE-TEXT-EPG in Technomate Receivers are different to other brands as well as TV broadcasters
Exclusive Receivers ,Example:Sky and freesat Etc,
our satellite receivers are DVB tele-text and subtitle. It has universal functions which catered to deal with any type of broadcasting except few exclusive broadcasters-Providers Epg-tete-text,
Our apology for not being able to fulfil all demands.

Eek!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Berkshire
Hello,

I understand most channels only provide now/next. But is there no way of getting epg data into the box? No plugin etc?

If you have to program things manually, what resources do you use? I'm a fan of tvguide.co.uk. I know about digiguide. What about other outside the UK?

(someone non-techy has asked me to recommend a box)

Cheers.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Not into the standard Technomates there isn't.

The EPG reader within them does read other packages though, DigitalB on 16E and the MBC channels on 7W and 26E are examples where You get at least a days worth ususally,there are probaly a fair few more.

Unless you have the source code (which is carefully) guarded I imagine, there's not much you can do unless you are an expert programmer and have access to the appropriate decomplilation tools etc.

Reading a few other threads, I belive it was the Fortec passion that has a 7 day EPG for Freesat.