TM 6900 super

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Looking for a new HD receiver and have the 8900 super down as a possible choice, hope someone can answer this query, i notice it has a freeview tuner and a freesat tuner can you record on one and watch the other? I don't suppose you can watch and record at the same time both on freesat?

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
sorry should be TM6900

jocktrucker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD, TM6900HDsupercombo, Manhattan xtcm, motorised 90cm 53e to 45w, home cinema system.
My Location
EDINBURGH
iambruce said:
Looking for a new HD receiver and have the 8900 super down as a possible choice, hope someone can answer this query, i notice it has a freeview tuner and a freesat tuner can you record on one and watch the other? I don't suppose you can watch and record at the same time both on freesat?

The recorder on it is basic. You only have one tuner. you can only watch what you are recording on, be it mux or frequency. There is an update I think, which lets you record one programme and record another on the same satellite frequency. but you cannot watch a freeview programme and record a satellite programme.

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
many thanks for clarifying that, anyone know a receiver which will allow you to watch a different program to the one being recorded?

jocktrucker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD, TM6900HDsupercombo, Manhattan xtcm, motorised 90cm 53e to 45w, home cinema system.
My Location
EDINBURGH
The twin tuner hd boxes are as follows;

Vantage HD8000S £450
Topfeild SRP 2100 £700
NanoXX 9800HD £449
ABCOM AB IPBox 9000HD £550

all prices are approx.

The vantage gets the best reviews.

Save your pennies!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Save your pennies even more and get a cheap SD box to go with the 6900, then you can record and watch independently, the tm5200 for example.

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Thanks, jocktrucker & Robbo, appreciate the info and gives me several options, the plan is to revive my old 90cm philips dish not been used for about 8 years but looks to be still working OK, and can then have a motorised system again, probably need a Vbox and a good receiver (or two) and a suitable LNB to benefit fully with HD etc, need to try and get the best/ most suitable kit! and help from the experienced is very useful.