tm 9100 channels satalite direction.

wilson.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing as yet im looking for advice to buy.
My Location
uk
Hello . like i said im looking at the tm 9100 thers one for sale on ebay and the seller says he will unscramble a load of channels for me so when i get the box its basicly ready to go however i v got a satalite dish from a old sky box i think thats pointed at the astra satalite ? but the channels he will be unscrambling will be on hotbird 13 e would i have to remove/ repositon the dish to recive these channels discovery type channels or could i get them where my dish is currentley pointing? also what channels would i be able to veiw where it is now and thirdly how hard is it to unscramble channels thanking you for your time. wilson.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Firstly could I advise a bit of punctuation in your paragraph/sentence, it is very difficult to read the way it is.

You cannot receive channels from another satellite without moving the dish to point at 13 East Hotbird.

Your dish could currently be pointing at either 19.2 East or 28.2 East depending on how old it is

I would advise you that there is very little open now using keys and patches and would not like you to be disappointed with your purchase.

wilson.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing as yet im looking for advice to buy.
My Location
uk
Topper said:
Firstly could I advise a bit of punctuation in your paragraph/sentence, it is very difficult to read the way it is.

You cannot receive channels from another satellite without moving the dish to point at 13 East Hotbird.

Your dish could currently be pointing at either 19.2 East or 28.2 East depending on how old it is

I would advise you that there is very little open now using keys and patches and would not like you to be disappointed with your purchase.

thank you for your reply topper, i see where your coming from, however, would i not be able to unscramble some channels to veiw discovery type programes ? or would i be better off getting a free satalite reciver, like a humax perhaps. ? any thoughts. ?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
In the short term yes but all the encryption systems have been tightened up and there is practically nothing open apart from Digi TV on 1 West who are in the middle of a card change. As I mentioned the days of keys cams and cards, whilst not completely dead they are short lived and card sharing which is the alternative way for cheap viewing offers no guarantees, but in itself can prove expensive if the server is confiscated by the authorities as recently happened in Cyprus within a short time of you buying into it. I personally will not recommend anything apart from a subscription.

It really is down to what you want to watch and in what language, sky in itself is good and the new way they have split up the packages makes it more flexible to buy what you want to watch. If you just want to explore what is up there on the Clarke curve then a bargain Technomate may be ideal, in the short term you will get some stuff opening up but for how long is unknown.

A nonymous

Reaction score
The stuff thats been referred to on 13e is probably the Rai channels which my DM600 is opening on emulator at the moment :eek:

Other than those i don't think there is much else open on 13e :-Nooo

:-beer

Nano

Attachments

• osdshot.png
    osdshot.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 29