tm500/600

spike24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm600 and 1mte motorised dish
My Location
east midlands
hi guys going to get a tm500/600 not sure which one maybe you guys can help me decide also a 1mte motorised dish now i need some help please,can you point me in the right direction of what firmware i need and anything else at all and a guide of how to,my friend has this setup and he uses a smart card/white one,he says it helps him pick up more channels sorry if we are not allowed to talk about this,do i need something like this or will it be ok without,i also know i need an internet connection which i have thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You have just asked the satellite equivalent of "how long is a piece of string" :D

Before you buy anything you need to decide *exactly* what you want to watch- dont say "everything" as thats not possible :)

Hooky cards and the like do not guarantee you service - if you want guaranteed viewing for a year then you should be buying a proper subscription to the pay service you desire to watch.

spike24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm600 and 1mte motorised dish
My Location
east midlands
hi yes all i really want to pick up is the epl football and football in general not much bothered about anything else as i have a sly pack of base channels thanks

xavk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dishes:
Triax110 fixed to 5,9,13,16,19. Sky mini dish with Octo LNB. Triax88 on TM2200 rotor with quad LNB
Receivers:
Dm800 (5,9,13,16,19,28+rotor), TM500, TM600, DM500 (all 13,19,28+rotor)
My Location
East London
If you want ALL available football, then a 1m dish isn't enough. If you just want a good selection (inc some Saturday 3pm), then you probably don't need a motor - an 80cm multi LNB fixed dish should do the job (aim for 13,19 & 28E).

If you don't have a proper subscription to any package that you want to receive, be prepared for a lot of reading, learning new technical skills and be prepared to join the dots to make it all work. There are no complete step by step instructions anywhere (but many of the key areas are covered in the Dreambox How To section on this site).

As for the TM500 vs the TM600, the only major difference is that the TM600 can record (if you add a hard drive or have a NAS). There are other differences (such as the TM600 has USB so can host an external card reader), but if you need to ask why that is useful, you probably aren't ready to take that step.