TNTSAT on Diablo question

A

Anonymous-A

Hi folks,

I have recently purchased a Strong 6410 TNTSAT receiver with a TNTSAT card. Predictably the Strong 6410 is a load of junk, churning out poor quality pictures and can only be used to tune to Astra 1, but of course clears the SD TNTSAT channels, so I know my TNTSAT card works.

I have a Technomate TM-6800 Super that can now read my new white Irish Sly card and I have a Diablo 2.3 light CAM running Underworld 1.81.

I am told that using the Diablo to clear the TNTSAT card is simply a matter of putting the TNTSAT card into its slot. In my case, I cannot get anything to clear on the TNTSAT card at all.

Do I need to configure the Diablo in any way to get TNTSAT on my TM-6800?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I realise this might sound basic but have you got the card inserted the correct way round?
In the Diablo Cam you insert the card with the chip facing upwards, whereas in most receivers the card is inserted with the chip facing down.

A

Anonymous-A

I thought someone might ask that! :)

The card is inserted with the chip facing upwards and towards the back of the CAM, in the same way I had my FTV yellow house card inserted.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Posts on DS suggest Underworld 1.75 or higher is needed, so it should work OK. Out of interest have you tried some any of the earlier versions.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Are you using the cam for anything else or just for the card?
You could try Horizon 101, this is designed to be used in the Diablo cam for just reading cards, it does not contain the emulator software.

A

Anonymous-A

Success!

I reverted to U/W 1.79 and now I can clear the SD and HD TNTSAT channels! There must be a problem with U/W 1.81.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Thanks for reporting back with your success.:) Very useful.

pywell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clarke-Tech 5000 C
Visiosat Bisat G3
My Location
Asmallvillagein, Switzerland
Hi,

I've just ordered a Diabli 2.3 Light and a Cas 3 programmer on the strength of these posts!!

I bought a Strong 6420 a couple of weeks ago with 30 months still on the card (cost me CHF 100!) And yes it's a pile of cr**! Not only that but having an extra box and an extra remote is too much for my poor wife. Imagine my joy when I discovered that the Diablo with my Clarke-Tech HD 5000 C was a possible solution. Not only can I get rid of that crummy box but I can also get the four main channels in HD!

Now comes the problem. I'm totally new to the world of CAMs! Would someone be kind enough to tell me what CAM settings I need once I've installed u/w (I'll start with 1.79!)??

Thanks

P

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
If you're just using it as a card reader leave the settings as they are, once programmed.
If you plan to use it to view Digi TV and Canal Digitaal then you need to turn Emulators ON int he configuration folder and update the keys for Digi TV.

pywell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clarke-Tech 5000 C
Visiosat Bisat G3
My Location
OK, thanks.

Just to read my TNTSAT card. Nothing illegal or dodgy, after I'm living in Switzerland where "everything's" squeaky clean. :-D

Cheers

P

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You might just want to load Horizon 101 then as this turns the cam into just a card reader.
Of course if you ever want to use it to view other channels you can always format the cam and load the latest Underworld file.

pywell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clarke-Tech 5000 C
Visiosat Bisat G3
My Location
Now I'm confused. Crusty Burke said he needed u/w 1.79 to get his TNTSAT card working, So I'll need to to the same. Will I then need to configure the CAM on my CT 5000?

P

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
No, once you load an underworld file the cam is ready for a card, if you want to view Digi TV, 1W, and Canal Digitaal, 19E, then you have to turn Emulators on.

timwebb2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vvvv
My Location
UK
thanks for the advice offered, I ordered a Diablo Cam and am now viewing the TNT SD and HD channels via my TNT sat card in a Humax HDCI 2000, as opposed to the Strong SRT 6410 box that was designed for the card.
The only channel I am have been unable tune into is M6 HD, the tuning will not find it.

I downloaded underworld v 1.79 as suggested.

thanks to all concerned.

regards,
Tim

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Check the forum for posts regarding your receiver, I seem to remember something about turning Pilot off, or on, when searching for some HD channels, on some receivers.

at825

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
Diablo CAM Light 2.3 w/ CAS3+
My Location
Belgium
Hello,

Can anyone confirm that TNTSAT on Diablo is still working?

I have purchased a cheap TNTSAT kit and a Diablo CAM Light 2.3 with CAS3+ programmer, but I haven't managed to clear the TNTSAT channels yet with the CAM and my Humax iCord HD receiver.
First I tried the Horizon104 firmware and it allowed me to activate the smartcard, but no picture... The smartcard was activated correctly with this setup (subscription info is correct and I have tested the card at a friend's home inside a DreamBox with CCcam 2.1.2, and it is working)

Then I tried various Underworld firmwares (174, 179 and 186) without success. If it is working for you, could you provide a detailed setup of your CAM ? Did you have to edit any config file like CAIDS.xml ?

Also (this is probably a stupid question, forgive the newbie), since CCcam 2.1.2 is working so well on the DreamBox, couldn't it run the same on the Diablo CAM Light ? I'm not interested in any sharing facility of that software, just using the smartcard in the CAM.

Many thanks in advance.

Vince

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Check the configuration settings, if you're just using the cam as a card reader, and for nothing else, like opening Digi TV 1 West, then you are probably better off using the Horizon file.
Go into the Cams menu, using your receivers menu options, then Horizon 104, or Underworld xxx, whichever you have loaded, and enter the configuration folder.
Check the Caids file is correct, try different options, and the other settings, as you have the card working in the entitlements it might be your receiver that's causing the problem, try deleting a couple of channels and re-scanning them in, also check for any firmware updates for your receiver.

at825

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
My Location
Belgium
Thanks for your reply, Mickha!
You are right, it is a problem between the Humax receiver and the Diablo CAM. I've tried the internal DVD-S2 tuner of my Plasma TV and it worked right away (with UW186 - I'll check Horizon soon).
I think there's a new release of the Humax firmware. I'm gonna give it a try and let you know.
Thanks again,
Vince

at825

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
My Location
Belgium
Hello again,
I can confirm that Horizon104 works fine with a TNTSAT smartcard on the Plasma TV's integrated receiver (thus probably on most decent receivers).
Unfortunately, even with its latest firmware (1.00.18), the Humax iCord HD seems unable to make it, which is a major disappointment from this otherwise excellent demo.
Cheers,
Vince

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Have a search around the forums, for other owners of both the Humax iCord HD and the Diablo Cam, hopefully they've found some solutions to the problem.