To Help or Not to Help TM-NANO-2T

ironm4n

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help.....I have finally sorted it myself.
I hope this site proves to be more help in the future..... I am a complete newbie and not technically minded, I registered on this site to get help and I am a polite helpful type, who's posts are there out of necessity. Not because I've got nothing better to do with my time. So I think it would also be polite to offer a little help and not ignore my posts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Hmm. A Forum is a means of interchanging info between its Members. Most Members don't log in very often and so there is always an element of uncertainty about whether anyone with specific knowledge of a specific matter might be in a position to respond.

It would be helpful if you could say how you resolved the issue, then if anyone else has the same problem, the answer is here for reference :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We have a pretty good record of helping folks.

As your receiver is a bit unusual you may well find that many of the folk that looked at your post just didnt have any sensible suggestions to help you

ironm4n

Reaction score
Thanks for your polite reply, My problems I have with my system start with my complete lack of technical knowledge, The only way I have managed to resolve the issues is with research on the internet and a lot of trial and error. An idiots guide instruction book somewhere online would have helped me I'm sure.
Anyway, here goes; my system seemed to be stuck on TSMedia version 4.9, so I selected 5.0 from, TSMedia, tools, files library then scroll down to the next version up from the version you are on. ie 4.9 to 5.0, then 5.0 to 5.1 then 5.1 to 5.2 etc... then pressed ok again to place the arrow by the update (this step is very important) then used the force install button, once this step has finished (can take up to 3 minutes) exit out, back to restart your system, laborious it know but necessary, repeat this process until you are fully updated, happy hunting.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Thankyou for that - It may well help others ;)

Yes, sometimes it can be frustrating not to get replies, but there's no malice in it - just nowt in the regular Members' repository of useful info!

Being obliged to do incremental updates is, sadly, not confined to things like your Receiver: I recently found out the hard way that Android Tablets need the same treatment. Tedious, to say the least, especially with a slow Internet connection.

ironm4n

Reaction score
I've managed to get as far as 5.7 but I can't update to 5.8 and I can't see why.
I'm getting this message:
Downloading http://www.tunisia-dream box.info/dream box-e2-addons-2TSmedia_library/enigma2-plugin-extensions-tsmedia-oe2.0_5.8_all.ipk.
Upgrading enigma2-plugin-extensions-tsmedia-oe2.0 on root from 5.7 to 5.8...
Collected errors:
*satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-tsmedia-oe2.0:
*opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-tsmedia-oe2.0.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
So it looks like opkg_install_cmd command/utility is missing. You may either need to update opkg installer or some other component.

Are you missing anything by not updating to the latest version? Latest is not always best!

ironm4n

Reaction score
I've updated the opkg installer, several times but I doesn't seem to change anything. I'm missing a couple of channels, one being bbc hd and a couple of others.
I'm not able to stream some movies, and when I can the sound is occasionally missing, and also my system crashes, it's very frustrating.
Although I didn't know that you did not have to update, thanks for that 'Cap'n', but I think maybe this particular update, 5.7 is not best for my system.