Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem, when adding channels from a different satellite to a sky digibox, i get this message. Any ideas how to stop it?:confused

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
WHY are you using a digibox to play on other sats?? They are effectively useless as 50 channels is the absolute maximum you can add, and very often its more like 20. Buy your self a 100 quid fta box. You will not regret it.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I must admit that i agree with you. The added channels also have atendency to disappear when software / firmware updates are being carried out by SKY...

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
True, i wish i could, but getting one that suits me is a mammoth task, especially here in spain!

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
AlexBellisBrown said:
True, i wish i could, but getting one that suits me is a mammoth task, especially here in spain!

getting what? an FTA box? easy to come by, i'm sure there are many suppliers that'll ship to spain, algeria might be tougher, but spain... cts

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, FTA boxes, even patchable ones are dirt cheap and easy to order via the net, most of the cheapest suppliers appear to be in Germany. :)

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Good thing with having a Sky box is the EPG that works and makes it easier to navigate what you want to see in a convinient way.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Likvid said:
Good thing with having a Sky box is the EPG that works and makes it easier to navigate what you want to see in a convinient way.
For sky channels maybe. Other receivers often have a number of favourite lists that can be set up each with a name for the type of channel in the list. Can't see what's wrong with that.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
jimbo said:
For sky channels maybe. Other receivers often have a number of favourite lists that can be set up each with a name for the type of channel in the list. Can't see what's wrong with that.

Most non-Sky receivers can't handle 24Hrs schedules, you only see the next or two shows coming on one channel.

Same problems is it with Canal Digital Nordic or Viasat, the approved receivers work much better, one reason the providers only approves some receivers that they know work 100% with their EPG.