Topfield 7710 HD PVR access to HD?

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Does anyone know how to access the files in this box and on the hard drive inside?
I've tried ethernet and can establish the wire link and ping the connection but get connection refused with Telnet access and with the Topset advanced option for connection. Is there a password username needed?

I know it's got a USB port but it looks like a host connection only.

I can get in with RS232 for channel list but surely it will do more than this.

I know some PVR models have a remote web type interface for setting remote recordings, file access etc.

Jem

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Just to let everyone know who views this old thread (nearly 3,000 at the time of writing) latest official firmware now included the web interface, just type in the local address like 192.168.0.12 or whatever the lan setup on the box says and in you go!

Also Enigma2 can be installed on this box, I've got it working at the moment with AAf Last Summer Dream image based on TDT 0.4.5. (Latest is TDT 0.5 but it's not as easy for a new boy to Linux like me to integrate EMU's etc).

Jem

exim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5800
My Location
UK
So through the web interface you can transfer files to your PC? is that High Def as well as SD recordings? What are the transfer speeds like through the LAN?

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Well, as I said I'm running Engma2 but I recollect it's the same with the official firmware i.e just log in and FTP the file across the network speed depends on your setup mine is wireless N 275mb/sec so all files HD and SD appear the same and go across quickly enough but bear in mind they could be a few GB The Real Italian Job BBC HD was 4.2gb. as a TS file which Enigma2 produces.

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ClarkeTech 2100Plus USB + Triax 88DL+Moteck (Palm) 2100A motor, Home-Theatre AV System, LCD-TV, PC, HTC TyTN & TyTN II, HTC S620
My Location
Finland
@developers, I know this is old but could you please inform where I can get the Enigma2 & the channel list for this box. I just got mine today!

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
I am using AAF Enigma2 versions from the German language site _http://www.aaf-digital.info/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=60 where I think you will have to register. If you want a channel list after you've got Enigma2 running you can download lots from here or elsewhere. I use DreamBoxedit for my channel lists, see useful post here for help http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...ial-dreambox-edit-create-backup-bouquets.html. I think any of the Dreambox lists will work on the box if you install enigma2.

Good luck with the box. Bear in mind if you go to Engma2 you need a null modem lead to go back to original system firmware. They are not similar and you loose any recordings you have not transferred to pc.

Jem

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ClarkeTech 2100Plus USB + Triax 88DL+Moteck (Palm) 2100A motor, Home-Theatre AV System, LCD-TV, PC, HTC TyTN & TyTN II, HTC S620
My Location
Finland
Sorry I need to post this 2x. I guess you are the same fellow on the other forum :)

Waoh, developers! Thanks! Could you be nice to post detailed information on how I can set this Enigma2 system up for the box and have it installed? Can I install it via the front USB port or will need to use the RS232/null cable? I will nicely appreciate installation information.

I have been to the AAF forum but most of the information on there is in German which I do not understand. I have a motorised dish here and from the system settings, I can not use DiSEqC 1.2 but I found out this morning that it is available on the 7710 model and not on the 7700HDPVR. I guess I will have to use USALS then :)

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
First of all I use Chromium browser, there is a version for Linux and Windows, which will translate each page of the AAF forum as you browse.
The file you need is AAF MultiMedia Edition V2 Topfield USBFull which includes the installer download and extract. You will not get access to the database if you are not registered.

For a first time installation (only) you need to change the file in the package Enigma_Installer.ini as follows
[parameter]
partition=1
usejfs=1
createmini=0
keepsettings=0
keepbootargs=0

usbhdd=0
format=1
update=1

Copy whole package (extracted from compressed download) to FAT32 USB stick and plug it in the front. Power up and it should auto install, then on first boot you set up display language Diseqc/usals etc. These will be kept for future updates as long as you use the installer ini file as supplied not as altered for first installation. There are how to files on AAF board.

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
Thanks. I do use the same browser&translator combination but the results have not been perfect. Yes I am registered on there and I got the file so I will try to install it tomorrow. Thanks for the information.

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
It didnt actually auto-install. I had to chose USB-fireware update from the installation menu. Then my TV screen & topfield display kept flashing "End" for about 30mins :( No installation. On the 3rd try, I rebooted the box and immediate after it shows "9 PCS USB", it shows then USB Failed and nothing anymore

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
if you have amended the file I mentioned above it should auto install if you boot the box. To prevent a loop boot to install part of the installation process renames a file called uImage on the stick to uImage_ (I think) anyway remove the last added charachter before you retry.Try unplugging the box, plug in the USB stick then power up and let it get to end again, it should count down from 9 then reboot if it doesn't automatically. I have heard that some boxes needed to use a certain type of USB stick but mine worked first time. Try anonther stick make if it wont read yours ensure its FAT32 format.

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
I finally got it installed but there is problems with sound. I have the older black remote and I cant increase volume from remote control. And sometimes there is just no sound. Btw, do you know if diablo is of any use with enigma? Any other thing I could do to spice this receiver up?

Thanks so much for your time and help...

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
The volume at the moment is assigned to the two keys next to each other in the middle of the second row up from the bottom.
Yes I think Diablo works but I would use Fausto emulator on a PC (if I were to want to experiment on any channels!). The Mgcamd can be installed from the AAF panel to interface with PC assuming you've got it connected to network. There's quite a lot Enigma2 will do, browse Dreambox area of forum for some ideas.

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
I think I will have to give up on Enigma+TF7700... there isnt a straightforward way of things and now my receiver just gets so hot after a while and starts to mess up. It will reboot itself and display error messages and so on... installed Mgcam on this tf7700 now but couldnt get it working properly. I have to admit, I do not know much about these emu's/cams. I am thinking of getting another receiver. Could you recommend a receiver you might know that probably runs Linux, have pvr, hd, emu can run on and I can have chance of clearing more channels or sharingcard?

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Yes I agree Enigma2 is not as straight forward as the original firmware which I still think is more stable and better for instant replay for instance.

However I stand to be corrected from those with experience of other boxes but I suspect all the boxes like this which run "Linux, have pvr, hd, emu can run on and I can have chance of clearing more channels or sharingcard" are similar in complexity and they do take a bit of set up (and research) to get configured. We don't discuss card sharing here, there's plenty of other sites if you need to research how it works on this (with Enigma2) or other boxes.

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
Ok thanks... will have to return this receiver to the original firmware for the time being... will get a Linux box [Vu+ or Atevio] later that can handle the stress. thanks.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Well at least you did succeed in getting it working. I suggest you research the system software for whatever box you settle on as I reckon you'll find the Linux boxes share quite a lot.

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
Oh yes... I will do so.Thanks