Total Newbie

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not as far as I know and if there is, they're keeping it very quiet.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ahhh, that is about free channels, but not Sky digital, the Dream box, magic cam, along with Freecam and Multidec installed with a PCi Satellite card can get you loads of channels, but you will need either a steerable dish, or a multi LNB setup.

The PCI Satellite card with multi LNb is probably the cheapest to kick off with.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There are no Sky channels per se, but there are channels such as national geographic, MTV etc, plus a bundle of film channels.

Have a look in the PC Card Systems forum, there are several threads discussing what is available and how to set them up

To install a dish is the same whether it be for a pc card or stand alone receiver and without the help of a meter, is a little bit trial and error, some members have become very good at it though.