tps

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Ok people how am i going to watch the big game on tps tonight without using the ftp client, any images, keys or cams i could use. I have got fillzilla but am a bit green as to it's use.
Richard.

Alan Waddle

Reaction score
same question here please! i have hydra poseidon image, so it's a bit old and haven't updated the emus for a few months...not expecting or asking for keys obviously, just help on what i should do with the emus etc much appreciated. thanks!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
newcamd emu, Gemini image. How are you going to do upload anything without an ftp client?

h**p://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu_dream.htm for various emu's

h**p://www.sat-key.org/

try google for keylist or similar

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
mhku said:
newcamd emu, Gemini image. How are you going to do upload anything without an ftp client?

h**p://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu_dream.htm for various emu's

h**p://www.sat-key.org/

try google for keylist or similar

Ok
Please can you try and tell me how to get tps working via ftping, i,ve got Gemini 107 loaded and have Fillzilla and a rough knowledge of how to use it and two and a half hours before kick off, can we give a go?
Richard.

hawk-eye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
PC Win SP2
My Location
Groland
richardp said:
Ok
Please can you try and tell me how to get tps working via ftping, i,ve got Gemini 107 loaded and have Fillzilla and a rough knowledge of how to use it and two and a half hours before kick off, can we give a go?
Richard.

Use this link (temporary i think) to get the file

Use a FTP software configure it with the IP address of your box
Login : root
Pwd : dreambox
Replace the existing file in /var/scce directory

Reboot the dream and enjoy !!!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you read the Klona "how to" articles or similar ones in this section?

Did you get it to work?

awai

Reaction score
Many thanks

It works here

cheers

hawk-eye said:
Use this link (temporary i think) to get the file

Use a FTP software configure it with the IP address of your box
Replace the existing file in /var/scce directory

Reboot the dream and enjoy !!!

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
mhku said:
Have you read the Klona "how to" articles or similar ones in this section?

Did you get it to work?

Well i stuck in the camd 3 cam and then just pressed buttons on the remote like a madman, downloaded all sorts of stuff and to be honest i did'nt really know what i was doing but hey presto tps popped in without having to ftp anything. Brill! Just managed to watch all the second half of last nights match.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You did better than me! I tried with newcamd and latest keys and get bugger all!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
OK people, how did you do?

You can follow one of two routes here.

1) Get an Internet update image, connect to the Internet, and press all the buttons - hey, I'm not criticising at all - the only thing that matters is getting a picture after all - right? :D

2) For whatever reason that doesn't work (no Internet update facility on your image, broken Hydra image, broken Internet bridge, latest keys not available etc. etc.) - then try reading my NewcamD how-to in the IG. Read it again. Get the latest TPSCrypt file from your favourite site (see links section - if you still can't find one then check the TPS cure thread more carefully!). FTP. Reboot. Watch TPS.

:D

I'd hate to think that there are people out there missing the football this close to the end of the season. Chances are that there won't be anywhere to watch it next season!

STICKSTER

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I should also say that if there's a demand for a how-to on using an FTP client with the Dreambox, then I'll do a quickie on that.

The only proviso is that you use WS_FTP_Pro V 9.01 or V 9.02, as I'm not writing one for each client!

Get a 30-day free trial from _http://www.ipswitch.com/products/ws_ftp/index.html. It's only $55 to buy, and at the current exchange rate you'd be laughing!

If you're a tightwad, type 'FOSI WS_FTP' into google.co.uk and download from the first result displayed. Beware - some adult content and maybe the odd popup.

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
I should also say that if there's a demand for a how-to on using an FTP client with the Dreambox, then I'll do a quickie on that.

The only proviso is that you use WS_FTP_Pro V 9.01 or V 9.02, as I'm not writing one for each client!

Get a 30-day free trial from _http://www.ipswitch.com/products/ws_ftp/index.html. It's only $55 to buy, and at the current exchange rate you'd be laughing!

If you're a tightwad, type 'FOSI WS_FTP' into google.co.uk and download from the first result displayed. Beware - some adult content and maybe the odd popup.

Hi.
Even though i'm now sorted as far as tps is concearned via internet download i still would like to know how to get the right file to the right folder via ws-ftp,
i downloaded a tps crypt file yesterday, is this the correct file for updating keys and what do i do with this file?
Richard.

hawk-eye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
PC Win SP2
My Location
Groland
richardp said:
Hi.
Even though i'm now sorted as far as tps is concearned via internet download i still would like to know how to get the right file to the right folder via ws-ftp,
i downloaded a tps crypt file yesterday, is this the correct file for updating keys and what do i do with this file?
Richard.

Read TPS_cure for the link (this file works here)

With WS_FTP you have to enter IP address of your Dream

when connection is established you see directories of your dream

Go to /var
goto /scce

Replace the tpscrypt by the one you get.
Or edit it and change AES Key by the one you get

You can also use Filezilla as FTP client it is very easy to use and it is a freeware

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
hawk-eye said:
Read TPS_cure for the link (this file works here)

With WS_FTP you have to enter IP address of your Dream

when connection is established you see directories of your dream

Go to /var
goto /scce

Replace the tpscrypt by the one you get.
Or edit it and change AES Key by the one you get

You can also use Filezilla as FTP client it is very easy to use and it is a freeware

OK NOW LETS SAY I HAVE A IMAGE WHICH DOES NOT HAVE ANY KEYS AT ALL, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT TYPE OF FILE I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR AND WHERE TO PUT IT. SORRY FOR DRAGING THIS OUT BUT I REALLY WANT TO GET MY HEAD AROUND FTPING AS I'VE BEEN CAUGHT OUT BEFORE WHEN NO INTERNET DOWNLOADS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE DB.
RICHARD.

hawk-eye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
PC Win SP2
My Location
Groland
richardp said:
OK NOW LETS SAY I HAVE A IMAGE WHICH DOES NOT HAVE ANY KEYS AT ALL, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT TYPE OF FILE I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR AND WHERE TO PUT IT. SORRY FOR DRAGING THIS OUT BUT I REALLY WANT TO GET MY HEAD AROUND FTPING AS I'VE BEEN CAUGHT OUT BEFORE WHEN NO INTERNET DOWNLOADS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE DB.
RICHARD.

Not so loud Richardp, I don't know all your story !!!

Do you have an EMU like newcamd 5.28 with your image ?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Richard -

Read the Idiot guide - it's all in there in very basic language.

Techniques, basic software, file locations - everything.

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
hawk-eye said:
Not so loud Richardp, I don't know all your story !!!

Do you have an EMU like newcamd 5.28 with your image ?

I have downloaded the 109_SDT_DaVinci_Tertia.img and have got scam 2.5e and newcamd softcams installed, there is no internet downloads for keys on this image so i take it i have manually put them in, now the thing is what type of file should i be looking for and how to get these files to the correct folder via ftping?
Richard.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
richardp said:
I have downloaded the 109_SDT_DaVinci_Tertia.img and have got scam 2.5e and newcamd softcams installed, there is no internet downloads for keys on this image so i take it i have manually put them in, now the thing is what type of file should i be looking for and how to get these files to the correct folder via ftping?
Richard.

You should ftp these into VAR Folder then ftp the keys over and the scce folder as well reboot and bobs your uncle. Use newcamd

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
john_graydon said:
You should ftp these into VAR Folder then ftp the keys over and the scce folder as well reboot and bobs your uncle. Use newcamd

Sorry John can you be a bit more specific, i have the remote site window open with all the folders there, where do i go from here?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
richardp said:
Sorry John can you be a bit more specific, i have the remote site window open with all the folders there, where do i go from here?
click on var, then click on keys in your downloaded keys folder, then press upload,transfer,or >button depends on what ftp client you have, then click on scce and do the same.