Transedit

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
What about this software? Can you please explain real purpose of it? I have TBS5925 as PC card.
Also, I do not understand if DVBViewer is really needed it or not.
Thanks.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Did you do an online search about TransEdit?
Here, I found this at the top of the list from a search.

It is software used to analyse or record or stream a frequency from a satellite.
It comes bundled as part of DVB Viewer and if you want to update DVB Viewer database with anything found in TransEdit you normally need to install them at the same time as part of the DVB Viewer installation.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Yes I made my search but it was not so clear to me, and this is the reason for which I opened this discussion.
I understand it can be used to analyse TS steams, this is useful, but I'm not interesting in DVBViewer yet, so I would like to understand if I can install and use Transedit standalone, and what are the differences having DVBViewer installed or not. Thanks.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If you have the TransEdit installation file then you can install and run without DVB Viewer.
If TransEdit is installed with DVB Viewer then the DVB Viewer satellite/frequency database is auto updated by anything new found by TransEdit.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milan, Italy
Oh yes, now it's clear. So I will try Transedit standalone.
Just downloaded one file but it has no installation wizard, it seems just a portable one.