transponder?

caretaker

Reaction score
Hi There does anyone on line know what a tp number is and how do you attain it)(-red Thanks caretaker''

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
caretaker said:
Hi There does anyone on line know what a tp number is and how do you attain it)(-red Thanks caretaker''

hi. tp = transponder. not sure what you mean by "attain it". rob43

G

GotMyBusPass

Hi caretaker

If you go to Lyngsat/King of Sat/ Flysat you will see a TP number close to the frequency/polarisation.
If you then go to advanced search in your receiver menu you can scroll through the TP's until you come up with the frequency you require. You can then carry out a search of that transponder and find all the channels on it.
Well, I can do this on my Technomate and Coship receivers!
GMBP:)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Or you can use this site http://www.satcodx.com/uke/ select what satellite you want and as GotMyBusPass has mentioned with each TP you will find the channels that transponder transmits and frequency's etc.

caretaker

Reaction score
thanks guys i think i have the jist of what a transponder does . it just that on lyngsat it has a frequency number and a t/p number when i bring up a frequency number it changes the t/p to the frequency number ??is this what it should do???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Transponder numbers are largely unimportant as far as the viewer is concerned, the frequency of the transponder is what is important. Your receiver will have a list by transponder number, but they are frequently out of date.

caretaker

Reaction score
Thanks Rolfw..now i dont need to keep setting my box to factory default in order to find PP numbers.