trasmiting from one dish to another dish

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,
i have a very very technical question..
I am still looking for Astra 2D, it seems that I need at least a 3 mt dish.
I wont be allowed to put this huge size dish on my terrace where i live, but i have a piece of land not that far from my home..lets say about 1 km far away...does anybody know if it is technically possible to put the 3 mts dish in my land and then retransmit the signal to the decoder i have in my house?
For your information I phisically can see my land from where i live.
people here told me its possible but i was wondering how it will work..
thank u so much for any help..
ciao all
Tony

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks for your reply..i red that thread but i didint understnad that much..for yoru information i have a power source in my ladn..what else do u need?
my idea would be : get the signal on that dish , then retransmit my skydigi box at home...would i be able to change all te hchannels with my remote controll at home?
thank you fro yoru help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It becomes very messy when you look at control of a remote receiver, particularly over that distance, one way transmission is not that difficult, but the return path for the remote commands needs some setting up.

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
It becomes very messy when you look at control of a remote receiver, particularly over that distance, one way transmission is not that difficult, but the return path for the remote commands needs some setting up.

thank you Rolfw for your reply. I will go on about this and I will let you know if i get any results
Ciao
Tony