TRex 4.6 vs Diablo

nsharma

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if you can please help me. I am trying to decide which is the best CAM to choose from either a TRex 4.6 or a Diablo and would like to know the pro's / cons between them?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards,

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The Diablo has had more support in the past, but the T-Rex is slightly quicker at changing channels.
You will need a Cas 3 programmer for the Diablo Cam, and either a Cas 3 or a card programmer, capable of programming a Fun Card 7, or in programming on Phoenix mode, to program the T-Rex loader card.
With changes in encryption imminent, particularly for Premiere, maybe a cheap patchable receiver might be a better purchase or wait a little while.
What equipment do you currently have and what satellites can you receive?

nsharma

Reaction score
Hi Mickha,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The receiver is an Echostar DVR7000VA / Dragon Predator CAM with a 90cm motorised disk covering the satellites, Turksat (East) to Hispasat (West).

With kind regards,

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The Dragon cam and the T-Rex cam are the same cam, only the 4.6 model is slightly different with a secure area for non public hacks.
At present all cams are opening exactly the same, so if you have a Dragon cam loaded with predator 366, and you have updated the keys, you do not need to invest in anything else.
You should currently be opening the following packages
Premiere 19.2E
Polsat and TPS 13E
Digi TV 1W.
TPS has been causing problems all weekend with the Multivision channels but the rest of the package should open.