My Satellite Setup
echostar ad3600
infinity usb programer
trex 4.6
dragon loader card
My Location
uk
hi, im sort of a newbie.
i have a few question which i will really appreciate if you can help me with. i already have loaded predasaurus 2.13 on my trex 4.6 cam and its working.(i used a fun dragon loader)

1. after i watched i few channels on astra 19 i realized i did not do the security update (which i have done now), will there be a problem on me watching other channels?

2. as you can see i have downladed predasaurus 2.13, is it possible to load another like predator on to the cam (is there any point/need)?

3.what is the .dra file for and how do you program and load it?

and finally if i have predasaurus loaded already will there be any need to input individual keys from my actual reciever?

thanks in advance

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi maloosy,
after doing the security update you should get D+ and Premiere packages on Astra 19E, without inputting keys, you can also get Cabo on 30W.
The only keys that might require updating are for the SRG (Swiss) package on 13E, which can be carried out through ythe debug option in your Cams menu.
After carrying out the security update you can load any Predator/Predasaur file on your 4.6 Cam, depending if your receiver can handle some of the files that have extra CAID's added, the Echostar 3600 does seem to have problems with some files that have more than 16 CAID's added.
.dra, is the dragon extension for any file, which is loaded onto your loader card and into your Cam, these are either predasaur.dra or predator.dra files.

maloosy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar ad3600
infinity usb programer
trex 4.6
dragon loader card
My Location
uk
can you use both predator and predasaurs at the same time on the same cam? is there any need?
thank you

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
When you load any Predator or Predasaur file into your 4.6 you are updating the firmware, so you overwrite the previous version, but the secure area is separate and you wont overwrite that unless you do another security update, a feature only contained in Predasaur files.

simel

Reaction score
Hi, Guys

Just got T-Rex 4.6 with Predasaur 2.06 on it.
Trying to do Security Upgrade but "Erase Error" is comming up.
Attempted firmware upload with CAS2 PLUS (version 7.9 SW) and Dummy Card with no success.
It recognizes the CAM in UTILITY TOOLS , but when in dragon modul programig menu, keeps initializing.
Is there correct procedure to do the job?
Can you confirm if the firmware file is with extention *.dra.

Thans for your help Dudes!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi simel,
I found this post on another forum:

dragon + cas 2
can you program a dragoncam using a cas 2?
yes you can but you need the add on
and you still need the loader card
ie:- you cannot reprogram the cam using the cas2 , only by using the loader card , which is either a special pic based card OR by using a funcard 7
the cas2 and addon are used to program the loader card , the loader is then used to program the cam

I am not sure that it is still correct so I would check the duolabs site, and the FAQ's, to see if you can update the Dragon/T-Rex cam with a Cas 2 and dummy loader, like you can with the Cas 3.
If you have the Cas 2 add on, for programming cards, and a loader card, Fun 7 or PIC F84A, please post back and I'll post the instructions, if required.
Best wishes
Mickha

simel

Reaction score
Hi, Mickha

Thanks for the speedy reply.

CAS 2 Plus comes with dummy card and dummy adapter (PIC16F628A on it).
The program shows a picture how to connect them when you start programming.
Message "Insert Dummy Card" is reappearing.
When I insert the CAM in the satellite receiver and try Security Update, it shows "Update" and in about 5 sec. "Erase Error" comes up.

If a program is available for the dummy adapter PIC, I can reflash it.

Thanks for your time

Simel

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi simel,
everywhere I've checked states that you can't program a Dragon/T-Rex Cam using the Cas 2 and dummy card, only the Cas 3 and dummy card, but I can't find the relevant information on the Duolabs site, the makers of the Cas interface.
After you've programmed your Cam what does it say in your receiver menu, Predasaur 2.13?
Also there are problems with some T-Rex 4.6 models and Predasaur 2.13, where the security update hasn't been working, if you are managing to update your Cam using your Cas 2 try Predasaur 2.12 and see if that works.
Please post back with your progress.
Best wishes
Mickha

simel

Reaction score
Hi, Mickha,

All distributors of CAS 2 PLUS say that it is possible to program Dragon cams.
There may be somethig wrong with my Dummy card. All the time a message "insert dummy card" is appearing and a picture shows the way they are connected:
CAS2, Dummy adapter, Dummy card, inserted in Dragon modul.

I was not able to download anything in the cam. It arrived with Predasaur 2.06 already loaded. It is recognized by my receiver, I can change the keys, but not security update.
I am thinking about returning the CAM if no success.

Thanks a lot will keep in touch.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi simel,
before returning the Cam I suggest you visit duolabs and either contact their support staff or post a question regarding if the Cas 2 can update a T-Rex 4.6 using the dummy card.
Keep us all updated with your progress.
Best wishes
Mickha

simel

Reaction score
Hi, Mickha,

I returned my T-rex and received new one.
Using my CAN2PLUS I loaded Predator 3.54.
In CI menu there isn't SECURITY UPDATE.
How do I run this function?

Thanks a lot

Simel

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Predator files do not contain the security update, only the Preedasaur files, which can only be used on the T-Rex 4.6 supercam.
At the moment the security update isn't giving anything that the normal files have, but if you load Predasaur 2.13, and do the security update, you can then load any Predator file and this will not affect the security update.

simel

Reaction score
Hi, Mickha,

Your Know How is greatly appreciated.
I have installed Predasaur2.12 and now will put the recent
firmware.

Thanks a lot!
Simel

simel

Reaction score
Hi, Mickha

I can't get the sport channels on Pr**re. Are they available?

In some Ke_ files there is not only 00 and 01 but also 02 field for Pr**re.
Do I need 02 for sport?

I read your reply on a simular question about unnamed channels.

It is not clear to me: "If so you need to access the portal, film, sport etc and choose a channel, or, depending on your receiver, they might scan in as unnamed channels"
Is this portal someware in chanel menagement in th receiver?

Thanks for sharing

Simel

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi simel,
it depends upon your receiver, on some receivers the Premiere portal channels scan in as unnamed, whereas on others you access them via the portal, using your remote control, if both these options fail you can always add them manually. Full details of all the channels can be found here:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/premiere.html
English, or original soundtrack, where available, is German 2.
Best wishes
Mickha

eddik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite on astra 19.2
fixed dish,technosat d
digit mf4-s reciever
technomate 5400 usb
sat on 1w
diablo,trex and various cards
My Location
north east
hi guys, ive got a trex 4.6 cam and it came with a trex loader card, does anybody know how to programe the cam with this loader card on cas3

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Does your Cas 3 have a dummy card? This is an oblong computer board, aprox 12cm by 5.5cm, which connects to your Cas 3 using the 20 pin connector, the same one the J Tag uses, smaller square board 4.5cm by 3.5cm. First download the latest CIS drivers, for me 8.1b works but others require the latest 8.2.
If it does use this to programme your Dragon Cam.
Inset your Cam into the Cas 3.
Insert the dummy board, all the way in, chip facing up.
Start your Cas 3 software, and click the Cam Module tab at the top.
Then click the Other Cams icon, and the 3rd icon, T-Rex super.
Click the little button, to the right of file name and navigate to your Predasaur.dra file. The last version is Predasaur 216, Predasaur files are for the T-Rex super modules only.
Click Start Update and wait until your Cam is loaded.
If your cam doesn't have a dummy card, or you want to use your loader card.
Start up your Cas 3 software.
Insert your loader card, chip face down, into the card slot, rear of the Cas 3.
Click the Smartcard tab, and the Dragon Card icon.
Click the Folder Icon, bottom right of the firmware bar.
Navigate to Predasaur.dra file.
Click Write to Dragon Loader Card.
Once the card is loaded, follow these instructions correctly, as a failure to do so can result in you damaging your Cam.
Tune your receiver to a FTA, Free To Air, channel.
Switch off your receiver.
Insert the loader card into your Cam, chip face up, and if not already insert your Cam into your receiver.
Navigate through your receivers menu to the Cam, and choose yes load module.
Wait until your cam is loaded, this will take a few minutes. To see the progress you can press refresh.
Once the Cam is loaded you will see a message, your cam is loaded please remove your loader card.
Remove your loader card.
Turn off your receiver.
Turn on your receiver and the Cam should be loaded.
To get Premiere you now need to activate the security update, navigate to your Cam in rthe receivers menu, enter the menu, and press Security Update, this should take a few seconds.
If you haven't already got the latest Predasaur file check out the links page, on the main forum, this will give you places where you can download them.

eddik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite on astra 19.2
fixed dish,technosat d
digit mf4-s reciever
technomate 5400 usb
sat on 1w
My Location
north east
thanks Mickha, had a problem with cas3 wouldnt programme my trex with the dummy card, kept saying no cam inserted tried updating the drivers but nothing seemed to work.I tried using the dragon loader card as per your instructions and hey presto perfect installation.While were on the subject i read in one of your threads that as well as premiere i should get d+ got prem but how do i get D+

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
First find the latest keys, I think D+ last changed their keys on 28/06/07, and it was key 01.
Once you have the keys, in Decimal format, 16 sets of 3 numbers, where hex format is 16 double sets consisting of a mixture of letters A-E and numbers 0-9.
You can change them yourself, from Hex to Dec, very quickly using the Matrix Keyer:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...-downloads/9926-mr-hex-dec-key-converter.html
Once you have the 16 sets of Decimal keys, you need to input them into your Cam. This is very easy to do:
Go into your Cams menu.
Click on Debug.
Scroll down to OhlAladin, second page.
Click on D+.
Go to line 01-0, and enter the first 8 decimal sets.
Now go to line 01-1, and enter the last 8 sets.
Once completed, exit and you should now be able to see D+. You can also get Cabo, 30W.

eddik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite on astra 19.2
fixed dish,technosat d
digit mf4-s reciever
technomate 5400 usb
sat on 1w
My Location
north east
hi mickha, did exactly what you said in your last post but no D+. worse still i lost premiere and had to reinstall cam to get prem back on