mp101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky HD 1TB Samsung
Manhattan Plaza
My Location
Kent
Hi guys, sorry for noob questions

Done some searching and browsing around, some help but still hasnt fixed my problem.

I have a Triax dish TD88 (I Think) and a triax 20° bracket, no instructions sent, assumed (wrongly) I didnt need any!!. Had all of the kit LNB's etc for a while now, only had Hotbird on until now.

What I am trying to achieve is to have;
Sky HD on Astra 28.2° using a Technomate Universal Octo LNB TM-8
Manhattan Plaza on Hotbird 13° using a Titanium Twin 0.2 LNB, for Thai TV for the Wife.

I had Hotbird fine today, until I messed about today, trying to add the Sky LNB, Wifes not happy )(-red

my dish is now pointing to 19.2° (ish)
the dish elevation is 28° (again ish)

My Location (DA17 5NW Kent)
Latitude: 51.4825°
Longitude: 0.1400°

I have tried lots of times, I have it then dont have it, my metre (DIGISAT Emitor A:cool: reads full across the board, I then try the skew of the LNB and move the dish in azimuth and elevation (tiny amounts) and nothing seems to work.

Should the 20° be level?

Any advice?

Thanks

Marc

mp101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky HD 1TB Samsung
Manhattan Plaza
My Location
Kent
Should say, I don't mind if I am better buying a new dish, obviously prefer not too!!

mp101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky HD 1TB Samsung
Manhattan Plaza
My Location
Kent
Sorry, although I asked should the bracket be straight, as you look at the dish, the right side is pointing down, I can get some pics tomorrow.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
The offset bracket should be raised to account for the elevation difference (as shown in attachment).
For Hotbird and Astra2, you can focus on 19e (by using the centre LNb/holder) and offset both 13e and 28e.
Edit: There is also a modification on those brackets which will allow the LNb holder to centre on the bracket.

Attachments

• 20 deg TD.jpg
    20 deg TD.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 41

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The TD88 should give a brilliant signal on 28E,19E and 13E, no problem.

Here is one I was setting up in my back garden prior to installation. 28E,23.5E,19E and 13E. If I rembember rightly, I focussed it at about 20E to 21E.

Sorry cant't find photo without the banner accross it.

Oh and there is 9E on there as well, but I didn't have time to check that out in the end.

Attachments

• multisat2.jpg
    multisat2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 50

mp101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky HD 1TB Samsung
Manhattan Plaza
My Location
Kent
cheers guys, i'll have another go tomorrow

mp101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky HD 1TB Samsung
Manhattan Plaza
My Location
Kent
OK didnt have much luck, with it pointing to 21 is, bracket with hole at the bottom, but turned it with the hole at the topp and fot thai tv back, well off and on, stable now, better signal than we had before, not attempted sky yet.

Robbo, may have to employ your services, can you PM me a co1st for system tuning?

Cheers

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
A little advice.
Fit the offset bracket fully tilted. Cut away plastic so an LNb can sit in the centre of the boom arm and align onto 19e. This little modification is well documented on the net although you can get away without for these satellites.

Install LNb for hotbird, slide along for best reception (will be fairly close to focal LN:cool:.

For 28e the spacing will be further apart. Adjust for best signal not forgetting the skew adjustment.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, that mod is certainly not necessary for 28E,19E and 13E, and it only pushes 28E even further away. Have sent you a PM mp101 if you really get stuck, but with the advice given here I think you'll manage it. Once you have the bracket tilted, start with the central ones and work your way out, sliding left or right and adjust skews and how far towards or away from dish as necessary. If loads of of fiddling stil gives a poor signal on one of the end ones, but the other end is good, you can bias the whole dish towards the satellite that is getting insufficient signal and start the whole thing again.

Another tip, do the setup at ground level on a vertical pole, once done, you can simply whack it up on a vertical pole on the wall and it should work with very little adjustment necessary.