Triax TD110 LNB arm position

Riqaq

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm6600 hd +1.1m dish on 120 mount
My Location
Lancashire
I have just bought a Triax TD110 Dish and the LNB arm is moveable up/down, does anyone know what the optimum posiiton of this (in terms of the position of maximum gain) is as mving it up and down later with alter my positioner geometry.

Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If correctly fitted, the up/down movement is very slight: I adjust mine by jamming a matchstick under the point where it enters the dish face.

But in the first instance, I'd simply leave it in its natural position.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Sounds like he hasnt clicked the arm onto the plastic lugs locking it down, or doesnt it have them on the 110, my 88 has.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
TD110 is different, PDP.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
I stand corrected. :-righton

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The TD110 should have a small fixing bolt at the dish end.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It does indeed - two, in fact:

A vertical bolt with a wing nut to secure: One has to tighten with care as the metalwork of the arm is none too strong: Overtightening can cause slight distortion and undertightening means up/down play!

And a horizontal through-bolt: This forms the fulcrum for the up/down play that the vertical bolt should stabilise.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I found this out some years ago when removing one, in order to get to get it into the van I applied upward pressure to the arm thinking it was like the TD88, only to find that I'd bent it rather than moved it. :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
On a related note, a couple of years ago my patio-mounted TD110 fell forward onto the arm in a storm (I have since acquired sandbags!) and the arm bent beyond redemption at the very weak point a few inches forward of the dish face where the offset is applied.

Decent performer, but had I been a member here before I bought it, I'd have got a Gibertini 1.04.

The Triax is too heavy and has a dreadful elevation slider.

Also, people don't necessarily twig that the apparently spare bit of metalwork in the kit is a brace that fits inside the rear bracket: Fail to fit that and forget accurate tracking!

Riqaq

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm6600 hd +1.1m dish on 120 mount
My Location
Lancashire
Tivù said:
The Triax is too heavy and has a dreadful elevation slider.

Also, people don't necessarily twig that the apparently spare bit of metalwork in the kit is a brace that fits inside the rear bracket: Fail to fit that and forget accurate tracking!
Looks like I should have been here before! I managed to put it on the technomate moter on my own.

But for bad elevation action, you need the 105 Technomate I had The cutout triangle didn't get to a point by the time it hit the scale. The only way I could get nilesat was by setting up a channel on the receiver and sector scanning it like an old radar until I got a quality bar :-wow

Luckily (rather than by skill) I fathomed the bracing plate out from the instruction pictures.