trick to improve signal

decode33

Member
My Satellite Setup
tata sky
humax 5400z
My Location
saudi arabia
i have tata sky and I was getting only a few frequencies strong and some unstable or low frquencies on my 240cm dish and was not getting some channels in the day. I used a santech lnb and I screwed a feedhorn to its base. The feedhorn was previously being used for c band lnb. To my amazement it made a HUGE difference. The weak transponders got stable and the quality improved by 8-10% on the weak hard to get frequencies. Now I am getting all the channels clear day and night. The feed horn probably stabilizes the signal. The santec lnb has .5 db. The feed horn can easily be attached to its existing tiny feedhorn on the lnb.
 

Attachments

  • santec-lnb_thumbnail.webp
    santec-lnb_thumbnail.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 165
Good one!

Haven't yet given much thought to why it would work, but if it does, that's great.
 
here are the pics
The dish is hunter khaldiya 240cm with santech lnb with feedhorn screwed to its back. Its fixed to the wall.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 001.webp
    Picture 001.webp
    424.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 002.webp
    Picture 002.webp
    445.7 KB · Views: 177
The pictures show a really badly installed feed assembly on a really badly assembled dish. I would guess the installer could not be bothered to continue adjusting the back plate for the correct elevation angle and just bent the feed to maximise the signal with the dish where it was.

The reason you are getting a better signal is probably down to the newer LNB capturing more signal as it is in a better boresight position.
 
Back
Top