Triple Dragon update

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
After a week of putting everything together I think I'm getting somewhere at last.

From base zero, I retired my ADSL modems and connected up an ASDL router via LAN to the TD and main PC, with a 56g wireless link to my other PC.

The setting up of IP adresses taxed me a bit. I had to check the Dreambox info site Klona.4t.com for how the Dbox is configured and use this info for the TD.

Using 'TD Tool' I managed to flash a couple of images to the receiver, one which made the tuner play hide and seek ('tuner failed to lock') when trying to scan channels to the box. Result - no channels stored. Reason - wrong boot version. Needed updating.

My next job is to FTP softcams etc to the receiver. What's the best program for file transfer between PC - RX? I tried SmartFTP but for some reason I can only upload from the receiver with this.

I realise all this is second nature to Dreamers, but we all have to start somewhere ...

Useful sites:-

www.tripledragon-fan.de (for TD tools,TD edit, images) - official site

www.ucassupport.nl/triple-dragon/english/

Llew

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
cuteFTP is a decent ftp program.. and i dont suppose using dreambox control centre would do any harm really.... sounds like the TD is very similar

if you need either program let me know :)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Llew said:
After a week of putting everything together I think I'm getting somewhere at last.

From base zero, I retired my ADSL modems and connected up an ASDL router via LAN to the TD and main PC, with a 56g wireless link to my other PC.

The setting up of IP adresses taxed me a bit. I had to check the Dreambox info site Klona.4t.com for how the Dbox is configured and use this info for the TD.

Using 'TD Tool' I managed to flash a couple of images to the receiver, one which made the tuner play hide and seek ('tuner failed to lock') when trying to scan channels to the box. Result - no channels stored. Reason - wrong boot version. Needed updating.

My next job is to FTP softcams etc to the receiver. What's the best program for file transfer between PC - RX? I tried SmartFTP but for some reason I can only upload from the receiver with this.

I realise all this is second nature to Dreamers, but we all have to start somewhere ...

Useful sites:-

www.tripledragon-fan.de (for TD tools,TD edit, images) - official site

www.ucassupport.nl/triple-dragon/english/

Llew
Llew
my simplest and cheapest way to ftp to RX is to open a web browser,
type
ftp://192.168.0.24
or whatever yr RX IP is
and there is a window of all the directories into which you can drag and drop and download whatever.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
you know, i forgot about that lol

Dumbass!!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
you know, i forgot about that lol

Dumbass!!

Your too hard on yourself RD.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Thanks guys

*haggard - I'll play around with that one.

I think there are indeed many similarities to the Dreambox apropos file and image transfers etc. It's just that there ain't much available for the TD in the way of images yet. Time will tell. Meanwhile I can learn a lot from your good selves in your posts.

Llew

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Llew said:
Thanks guys

*haggard - I'll play around with that one.

I think there are indeed many similarities to the Dreambox apropos file and image transfers etc. It's just that there ain't much available for the TD in the way of images yet. Time will tell. Meanwhile I can learn a lot from your good selves in your posts.

Llew
So given that, what made you go for TD rather than DB? Vision?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haggard said:
So given that, what made you go for TD rather than DB? Vision?

Perhaps a willingness to try something a little different - isn't that what this game is all about? After all, curiosity was probably a factor when the DB's first made their appearance.

Llew

lukanikos

Reaction score
Hi!!

I just bought a Triple dragon and I have some problems ....

Please can you help me?

I installed the 3.00v and over this version i installed the birman and some options disapeared and some other appeared...disapeared the option with the cards and the ic and apeared some bierman or so option and when i click on this option the receiver restards. I also tryed the cameleon soft but dont know how to install it.
Of course by now I have managed to conect the receiver with the pc and upgrade and also I did the network connection ......the rest I still see the FTA channels only and I have the receiver 2 days now.

Please help me if you can

Thnks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
lukanikos said:
Hi!!

I just bought a Triple dragon and I have some problems ....

Please can you help me?

I installed the 3.00v and over this version i installed the birman and some options disapeared and some other appeared...disapeared the option with the cards and the ic and apeared some bierman or so option and when i click on this option the receiver restards. I also tryed the cameleon soft but dont know how to install it.
Of course by now I have managed to conect the receiver with the pc and upgrade and also I did the network connection ......the rest I still see the FTA channels only and I have the receiver 2 days now.

Please help me if you can

Thnks
Hi lukanikos
I found the Beerman image very unstable, and yes you lose the CAM facility.

Try the latest Chameleon .04 (fookfiles), all scripts copied to var., you don't need to install anything with it.

Don't click on Beerman Preview. I have the same problem, you need to reboot again.

Not much choice in the way of images yet, hope things improve eventually.

Llew